Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Posts Pulled

Default Official Posts Pulled

Spoken to with major disrespect by a GM · on 1/12/2005 3:13:34 AM 15703

Well this seems to be the folder to get a response from a GM so I assume this is the best place to voice my concerns.

Today a lot of "Crap" for lack of a better word happened. From my understanding nobody was warned, but a lot of people were upset from everything that happened.

What I'm having a problem swallowing is the way I was spoken to by a GM who came to put an end to the mess. I understand if she's frustrated, but this could have been handled much better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S quickly says, "Well no one has came til now sense my last report."
    s>
    Kyalia says, "To be honest... you have all been equally at fault here.. ."
    s>
    S quickly says, "So i didn't know."
    s>stare
    You stare at nothing in particular.
    s>
    Kyalia says, "Or I would have come sooner."
    s>
    S quickly says, "I haven't done anything to him."
    s>
    Kyalia says, "You argue like children."
    s>'Shouldn't that be in private?
    You ask, "Shouldn't that be in private?"
    s>
    Kyalia says, "(My Character Name) shut up."
    s>
    Kyalia says, "I have all of listening to you today I can stand."
    s>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't think too many customers would appreciate being told to Shut up when asking that a completely OOC conversation is taken to whispers. Even if the conversation was acceptable in public, that type of response was not necessary. After making her rude statement to me, Kyalia pulled the other character involved. (So why make the comment to me?)

I was also pulled after the other character returned, and I was threatened with a lockout (With no previous warnings) if I spoke to the other character. I honestly feel like I'm the victim in the circumstances that happened today, and I feel that Kyalia was taking things out on me, which was not necessary. Is this acceptable behavior for a GM?

Default Mignon Reply

Your message copied below has been removed from the The Bad, and the Ugly (general complaints) topic for flaming. The GemStone IV Forum has a family oriented atmosphere where people can exchange ideas and information without fear of being harassed or intimidated. Relevant text from your message:

The area where you named Kyalia. I noticed that you didn't use the other names, so why keep Kyalia's name in there? I am assuming that you put it in there to humiliate her, thus the caution for an Inflammatory post. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to write to me at GS4-Mignon@play.net.

It's important to us that you understand why this kind of posting is not acceptable. If you feel unclear about the guidelines for posting, please click the Forum Policies link in the upper right corner of the Forums pages. Our guidelines specifically request that members count to 10 and be kind when posting.

If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,
    GM Mignon

==== BEGIN COPY OF POST ====
    Forum: GemStone IV
    Category: Discussions with Simutronics
    Topic: The Bad, and the Ugly (general complaints)
    Msg#: 15703
    Subject: Spoken to with major disrespect by a GM

Well this seems to be the folder to get a response from a GM so I assume this is the best place to voice my concerns.

Today a lot of "Crap" for lack of a better word happened. From my understanding nobody was warned, but a lot of people were upset from everything that happened.

What I'm having a problem swallowing is the way I was spoken to by a GM who came to put an end to the mess. I understand if she's frustrated, but this could have been handled much better.

----

s>
    s>
    s>stare
    s>
    s>
    s>
    s>
    s>
    s>

----

I wouldn't think too many customers would appreciate being told to Shut up when asking that a completely OOC conversation is taken to whispers. Even if the conversation was acceptable in public, that type of response was not necessary. After making her rude statement to me, Kyalia pulled the other character involved. (So why make the comment to me?)

I was also pulled after the other character returned, and I was threatened with a lockout (With no previous warnings) if I spoke to the other character. I honestly feel like I'm the victim in the circumstances that happened today, and I feel that Kyalia was taking things out on me, which was not necessary. Is this acceptable behavior for a GM?
    ==== END COPY OF POST ====

[Edited on 1-12-2005 by Mini-Spir]

Default 2nd Post Pulled

Your post was hidden from the GemStone IV Forum as part of removing a full or partial thread of discussion that was incompatible with our Forum polices. While your post may be within policy, it was part of a thread that needed to be taken off the Boards.

You have not incurred a penalty as a result of this post being hidden.

General Reminder:
    Please remember that you agree to abide by the Rules for Posting and the Terms of Service each and every time you login to our services. If you need to review these items, they can be found via the Forum Policies link at the top of every forum's page and from the customer service page, respectively.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

A copy of your post is included for your reference, below.

==== BEGIN COPY OF POST ====
    Forum: GemStone IV
    Category: Discussions with Simutronics
    Topic: The Bad, and the Ugly (general complaints)
    Msg#: 15709
    Subject: Re: Spoken to with major disrespect by a GM

I figured someone would ask ... Aside from reporting about the situation that took place today, there was nothing else I said or did. I would assume a GM should not be upset that someone reports when others are attacking that player, or when another player makes OOC comments in public, or uses vulgarity such as "faggot." -> Another players words which I'm not really happy to repeat.

So yes, there was more to the story, but I don't think that it was still called for.

>down
    [The Resting Spot]
    You notice other peoples disks.
    Also here: GameMaster Kyalia, Lady S (sitting)
    Obvious exits: up
    >
    You sit down.
    s>
    s>
    s>
    s>stare
    s>
    s>
    s>
    s>
    s>
    s>
    S just disappeared.
    s>
    Kyalia gestures and a shaft of scintillating light from somewhere above pierces the ceiling and engulfs her. When the light recedes Kyalia is no longer there.
    ==== END COPY OF POST ====

Stop posting stuff you know will get pulled?

I noticed you edited your other thread to remove the part where she said she was watching you all day. Way to try and make yourself look innocent.

I thought just about everyone knew that you can't post logs on the official boards of GM interactions and expect them to stay. There's no way to prove they aren't doctored, nor is that a good business policy to allow things that can be made to look unflattering about GMs to hang around on the boards, use feedback.

Bill Maher: "The Democrats have moved to the right, and the Republicans have moved to a mental hospital."

Wezas: People sometimes confuse retarded people with republicans.

[LNet]-GSIV:Tservin: "An airship floats past high above, heading east towards Ta'Loenthra. whats thats?"
    [LNet]-GSIV:Gargamish: "normal illistim messaging for the dais"
    [LNet]-GSIV:Ylandra: "ambience scripts, Tservin, nothing important"
    [LNet]-GSIV:Arodon: "That air ship is Ardwen's?"

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
    I am a le doche.

Man that's a great smiley.

9. Default

Boo-frickety-hoo.

-K
    GimmeDatPony [9:44 PM]: HAHA thwat if s a townw as claled