Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Weighting Padding Sighting changes

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    He doesn't play.
    When he did it probably took him 5 years to earn 1m.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    STFU you're just happy Wizards got a fuck ton buff from the revamp. Fuck you you cannoli sucking greaseball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    But how long did it take him to earn 1m simucoins?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
    Prohibitively expensive = something outrageous like 30 mil for Decently Padded, we all know what this means. And no I'm willing to bet that it's going to be crazy because Wyrom wants silvers as low as fucking possible while keeping it on life support so the game stays free to the capped grinders.

This is what most of you don't seem to get. The more you can sell your silvers for, the less Simu profits and vice versa. Simu is in direct compeitition with you the player, not an opinion it's a logical fact. That dude that just spent $1000 buying 10x uber gear from you is a -$1000 loss to Simu because that dude could have gotten it from one of Wyrom's many slot machines paying Simu through Simucoins.This is what Wyrom ultimately wants; this is his endgame. Apart from bringing back past players for subs and to get them on board the milk train, he wants that secondary market where people are paying thousands for silvers and items.
    Or is Simu the winner in that it probably took months and months of subscription fees to even sniff gear of that level, and there will continue to be months and months of subscription fees because it's being used. The more people are invested into this game, the stronger it'll be for the long run.

These new changes offer visibility for novice and intermediate players to obtain high end gear without having to pray for a CCF slot, or try to win a raffle against 500 other people. It's sort of like planning for retirement or simply wishing your lottery ticket comes in. This way, aside from the fact you can now have damage/crit/TD armor, people can at least gameplan for their endgame sets and utilize the currency they have available.

Will it need tweaks? Yes. Is it perfect? Not at all. In the long run will it be more expensive than previous mechanisms? Yes. The game is growing, albeit slowly. You can deny it all you want, but they've got the numbers. A rising tide raises all ships and by giving players visibility and a path forward, to me, that seems like a good way to entice and keep players.

To be honest, I'm already thinking about low level damage padding on MCP fusion leathers, or whenever to press on to Superb crit. The possibilities are certainly drawing me in...
    Last edited by Kronius; 08-27-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronius View Post
    Or is Simu the winner in that it probably took months and months of subscription fees to even sniff gear of that level, and there will continue to be months and months of subscription fees because it's being used. The more people are invested into this game, the stronger it'll be for the long run.

These new changes offer visibility for novice and intermediate players to obtain high end gear without having to pray for a CCF slot, or try to win a raffle against 500 other people. It's sort of like planning for retirement or simply wishing your lottery ticket comes in. This way, aside from the fact you can now have damage/crit/TD armor, people can at least gameplan for their endgame sets and utilize the currency they have available.

Will it need tweaks? Yes. Is it perfect? Not at all. In the long run will it be more expensive than previous mechanisms? Yes. The game is growing, albeit slowly. You can deny it all you want, but they've got the numbers. A rising tide raises all ships and by giving players visibility and a path forward, to me, that seems like a good way to entice and keep players.

To be honest, I'm already thinking about low level damage padding on MCP fusion leathers, or whenever to press on to Superb crit. The possibilities are certainly drawing me in...
    No man, time is a factor. A dollar spread over every other month is worth far more than a dollar spread over years. I'm almost certain Sub vs. Pay events are or is going to be 40/60 of Simu's total revenues. Anyhow, check those silvers, it's at 5 bucks a mil right now in Aug 17', we'll see what it is in Aug 18'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
    STFU you're just happy Wizards got a fuck ton buff from the revamp. Fuck you you cannoli sucking greaseball.
    It's funny that you think enchanting any item would add anything noticeable to my bank account. It's even funnier that you're so mad about it.

And what kind of loser acts like cannolis are a bad thing? Fucking vegans that's who, you fucking vegan.

@Whirlin plz halp my feelings. Wyrom is Italian too so now moderatez = mandatory!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    But how long did it take him to earn 1m simucoins?
    He's still in the process of sucking the appropriate amount of penises. It's a work in progress. Will probably take him at least a year to finish at 16 hours a day, 6 days per week.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-27-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Zissu
    I've had a few questions around the interaction of weighting/padding and the temporary item benefits. In all instances below, the sum of all weighting/padding types on the item is used to calculate the effectiveness.

1) Blessing weapons with weighting is reduced in potency by reducing the number of charges of bless the weapon holds. The more weighting on the item, the fewer swings you will receive when blessing it.

2) Temporary flares from eblade, holy water (bless), and guiding light will have the potency of the flare (how hard they hit) reduced by weighting/padding on the item. This is calculated on every flare, so the order in which the enhancements are placed on the item does not matter. This starts at 1 point of combat effectiveness, and essentially caps out at heavy (10) points of effectiveness. Trying to apply temp flares on something heavy or over will block it outright.

3) Eblade +AS bonus works in the same way, having the items +AS scale downwards with the amount of weighting, starting at 1 point of combat effectiveness and resulting at no bonus at heavily weighted.

4) Guiding Light from paladin bonding follows the same rules above. Guiding Light flares will automatically fall off the item some short time after it reaches heavy.

Last edited by Fallen; 08-28-2017 at 01:54 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

8. Default

Does 1625 count as temporary flares?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Does 1625 count as temporary flares?
    Yeah says it under #4 which i think is kinda dumb. Now we gotta tack on a permanent flare then bond to it. what Im super curious about is can you permabless something and still have flares? they different slots?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Comodus View Post
    Yeah says it under #4 which i think is kinda dumb. Now we gotta tack on a permanent flare then bond to it. what Im super curious about is can you permabless something and still have flares? they different slots?
    No you don't. The are still "permanent", they just follow the same rules for temporary, in that they don't work at heavy or above.