Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Which greater elemental flares should I get?

  1. Default Which greater elemental flares should I get?

    Picked up one of those greater element documents and I'm planning on adding some flares to my warmage's lance. The question is, which element?

    I'm leaning toward fire because it's fun in troll warcamps. The problem with fire, of course, is that it won't work on everything. Any thoughts?

    My mage is attuned air. I'm wondering if void flares would work in conjunction with 502? Or is that just with an ebladed weapon?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Picked up one of those greater element documents and I'm planning on adding some flares to my warmage's lance. The question is, which element?

    I'm leaning toward fire because it's fun in troll warcamps. The problem with fire, of course, is that it won't work on everything. Any thoughts?

    My mage is attuned air. I'm wondering if void flares would work in conjunction with 502? Or is that just with an ebladed weapon?
    Greater cum flares.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    24,393
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Picked up one of those greater element documents and I'm planning on adding some flares to my warmage's lance. The question is, which element?

    I'm leaning toward fire because it's fun in troll warcamps. The problem with fire, of course, is that it won't work on everything. Any thoughts?

    My mage is attuned air. I'm wondering if void flares would work in conjunction with 502? Or is that just with an ebladed weapon?
    I would wait until you get an answer for Estild. I asked in the Discord, but he may prefer to answer on the Officials. You would assume yes, but who knows?
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    24,393
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GM Estild
    I see what you mean. No, greater elemental flares would not act the same as 411 does with 502.
    No such luck, Khorp. You may not want to go with fire if you ever mean to hunt in the Bowels or fire creatures (like Infernal Liches, etc). Otherwise, I think it's a good choice for Warcamping.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

  5. Default

    Hey, thanks for asking. I didn't really think it'd work like that, it's just that I thought I remembered hearing that flaring weapons of the same element worked with 502 when they released it. Apparently I misheard!

    But yeah, my wizard's capped so I won't be igniting any bowels gas, but it is annoying when your flares don't work against the creature you're fighting. Other than infernal liches (which I couldn't hit with a melee attack anyhow), are there any other capped creatures that are immune to fire? I guess the fiery stuff in the confluence, but I stay out of there anyhow.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    24,393
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Hey, thanks for asking. I didn't really think it'd work like that, it's just that I thought I remembered hearing that flaring weapons of the same element worked with 502 when they released it. Apparently I misheard!

    But yeah, my wizard's capped so I won't be igniting any bowels gas, but it is annoying when your flares don't work against the creature you're fighting. Other than infernal liches (which I couldn't hit with a melee attack anyhow), are there any other capped creatures that are immune to fire? I guess the fiery stuff in the confluence, but I stay out of there anyhow.
    I'll let others take a crack at answering that. I can say you'd be fine in OTF.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

  7. #7

    Default

    To my knowledge, nothing is immune to void, it has the same level of crit kill potential as fire, but obviously no double flares against trolls.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    To my knowledge, nothing is immune to void, it has the same level of crit kill potential as fire, but obviously no double flares against trolls.
    Doesn't fire also do double damage to undead or am I confusing that with disintegrate?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comodus View Post
    Doesn't fire also do double damage to undead or am I confusing that with disintegrate?
    Not unless it's an undead troll (which does exist). Fire (and plasma) is slightly more effective vs undead than most other elements.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Not unless it's an undead troll (which does exist). Fire (and plasma) is slightly more effective vs undead than most other elements.
    Wrong, disintegrate is best for undead, especially noncorps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •