Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: *WARNING* - Silvers Crashing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    They should have that at simucon. You both pay in 100m and box and the winner gets the pot, Also would probably go viral and attract new players.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post

Hell yea

They should have that at simucon. You both pay in 100m and box and the winner gets the pot, Also would probably go viral and attract new players.
    Count me in.

You're pretty angry have you ever considered meeting up in real life with another gemstone player and fist fighting them?
    Let's find Sean2 and some carnies and let them all go at it.

Those 99 booklets sold out in under a half hour. Poof, there goes 1 billion silvers from the game forever.

I believe 2 billion a month was the magic number Wyrom gave us for silvers entering the game. Looks like he found the silver bullet for the silver drain, so now they can't use that excuse anymore.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-22-2017 at 09:29 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I believe 2 billion a month was the magic number Wyrom gave us for silvers entering the game.
    It can't be that low, not going by the other figures Wyrom has given us. He said last year's auction removed 14 trillion from the game, at 2 billion being generated a month that would take 7000 months to create just the silvers that was drained from that one event.

Even at 2 billion dollars a day being generated it would take over 16 years to create those 14 trillion silvers.

The more I think about this the more I'm convinced Wyrom either pulled that 14 trillion figure out of his ass or he read the number wrong and read 140 billion as 14 trillion or something.

Even assuming that one event took 3 years worth of silvers out of circulation that's still about 13 billion silvers a day on average is being generated.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-22-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It can't be that low, not going by the other figures Wyrom has given us. He said last year's auction removed 14 trillion from the game, at 2 billion being generated a month that would take 7000 months to create just the silvers that was drained from that one event.

Even at 2 billion dollars a day being generated it would take over 16 years to create those 14 trillion silvers.

The more I think about this the more I'm convinced Wyrom either pulled that 14 trillion figure out of his ass or he read the number wrong and read 140 billion as 14 trillion or something.

Even assuming that one event took 3 years worth of silvers out of circulation that's still about 13 billion silvers a day on average is being generated.
    Just offer the books for silvers for 24 hrs. I bet a lot of silver would get drained, then reevaluate after 24 hrs.

It wasn't open for a half hour and sold out.
    Last edited by drauz; 08-22-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Just offer the books for silvers for 24 hrs. I bet a lot of silver would get drained, then reevaluate after 24 hrs.

It wasn't open for a half hour and sold out.
    This is pretty much the fix. Nobody's bank account will be able to sustain buying books for 10m over and over.

Let the first X days of DR be Simucoin only as an extra incentive for people throwing money at Simu or something, but books for silvers should be a permanent option and seems like it would fix a number of both new and old issues with the economy.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Let's find Sean2 and some carnies and let them all go at it.

Those 99 booklets sold out in under a half hour. Poof, there goes 1 billion silvers from the game forever.

I believe 2 billion a month was the magic number Wyrom gave us for silvers entering the game. Looks like he found the silver bullet for the silver drain, so now they can't use that excuse anymore.
    Think Methais hit the head spot on. This was massive silver removal in like 1 hour.

An idea, why not have an alternate form of books call it ingame "soiled torn book". It lets you in the arena but not for the full run, maybe an overall net of 150 BS per perfect run. These sell for 10 mil silvers at any amount. Likewise you could do books of 30 for 10 mil. These could also be extended to digs and 'slot machine' events where the tokens are impure and will only give you 7 searches or digs etc.

Furthermore, if you try to exchange these books with anyone they tatter and disintegrate.
    Last edited by Kobold; 08-22-2017 at 10:18 PM.

The lower quality book for silver is a good idea. Still incentivizes simucoins but gives players a means to access the event, albeit inefficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

Wyrom edited his post, he said he had an extra zero on the ends of his numbers or some such.

I believe his edited amounts came out to be (going from memory): The auction removed 14billion (give or take) and EG removed 100million.

Going from the Grand Auction 2016 on gswiki (https://gswiki.play.net/Great_Auction_of_2016), if you add up all the items on the list it's almost 12 billion. I'm not sure if that is every single item sold at the auction, but it's the only list I know of.
    Last edited by Yulis; 08-22-2017 at 10:42 PM.