Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *WARNING* - Silvers Crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    What's funny about all this is how Simu keeps denying that they're trying to phase out silvers despite the fact that everything they've been doing lately is doing exactly that.
    My favorite part was Wyrom saying some people have so much silver that it's skewing the market because people who don't have billions in the bank don't want to fork over all of their silvers for one item. But...people want to fork over all of their real cash for Simucoins/alternative in game currency for items?

Eventually they'll probably just be like "Silvers might be worthless now, but that was just a side effect, it's not what we REALLY set out to do and plus there's also the fact that..."

{To continue reading this post will cost 80 Simucoins}

I mean just come out and admit it at least instead of acting like people are really that gullible. Even the gullible people can see this. Paying 1k silvers for a wand at the pawnshop doesnt count as "Silvers still have uses!"
    Yup. I think deep down we all knew SimuCoins were supposed to directly compete with silvers from the beginning, we just didn't realize how bad it would get in a couple years at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    That sounds like it would be true. Between the vendor trash, BS, and occasional valuable you find, you can easily clear a few mil in a run.
    Yup, just more and more silver being generated directly via SimuCoins. And the GMs were worried because people were "abusing" the trading skill. I guess more like the GMs were worried because the trading skill was directly competing with SimuCoins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yup, just more and more silver being generated directly via SimuCoins. And the GMs were worried because people were "abusing" the trading skill. I guess more like the GMs were worried because the trading skill was directly competing with SimuCoins.
    "Since the silver drain excuse is getting stale, let's have DR flood the market even more until nobody uses them for anything and have to pay us cash for everything!"

Once silvers become completely worthless everything else is going to crash after. Maybe not right away, but the population will start dwindling once people fully realize that GS has been converted to a pay2win game.

They could attach a silver cost to BS items to keep silvers relevant, but Simu sees every useful silver in the game as a possible player to player transaction which is seen as a missed Simucoin opportunity.

Ask if they have any silver only events coming down the pipe, either pay or non-pay, that have no Simucoin involvement and items operate on silver sales. You'll either get told no, or more likely you'll just hear crickets because they wouldn't want to have to answer that question honestly and will just pull a time4fun.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-21-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Once silvers become completely worthless everything else is going to crash after. Maybe not right away, but the population will start dwindling once people fully realize that GS has been converted to a pay2win game.
    If we're being honest with ourselves, GS has been p2w since the first paid event, they've just been getting more and more overt about it.
    Last edited by Taernath; 08-21-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

That's what I'm thinking. I know people have been selling silvers for real life cash for probably as long as the game has been alive, but people have always had the ability to earn their own silvers via just paying the hourly AOL rate or paying their monthly GS subscription, no additional purchase was required. They could save up their own silvers and buy that awesome weapon or service themselves.

Silver was the perfect medium to conduct trades in as well. Someone could sell their 10x claid of doom for silvers because silvers themselves had value both in game and out. Now we're already seeing more and more people opt for real cash or alternate currency and not everyone wants to spend real cash on items or buy Simucoins to earn alternate currency.

The entire dynamic of the in game currency is shifting in a major way for the first time since...well again since probably the game's inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    If we're being honest with ourselves, GS has been p2w since the first paid event, they've just been getting more and more overt about it.
    Not really, because you could still buy those items from people for silvers. Right now silvers are rapidly becoming worthless, which leaves cash as the only viable way to attain anything good.

Before it was optional pay2win. Soon it will be mandatory and GS will either finally shit the bed or will be primarily funded by a handful of rich people that do nothing but GS.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-21-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

The funny part is that by devaluing silvers they are also devaluing regular play and subscriptions (because the reward for actually playing is and should be obtaining silver/treasure).

Maybe they will realize they fucked up when their subscribership dries up. Probably not, since those few playing will also be the ones purchasing simucoins.
    Last edited by Amerek; 08-21-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Blog Entries

One possible way to set a floor is to have silvers be able to directly buy alt-currency and simucoins from Simu at an exorbitant price. That way, they'd always have some form of value. They could also make it so if you spend enough silver you can pay for your account for a given length of time.
    Last edited by Fallen; 08-21-2017 at 01:55 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    Maybe they will realize they fucked up when their subscribership dries up. Probably not, since those few playing will also be the ones purchasing simucoins.
    Simu either doesn't realize how important the silver economy is to many players, doesn't give a shit and just wants to earn cash now and worry about the fallout later, or they have already crunched the numbers and figure they'll make more money from the people plopping down cash for SimuCoins than they'll lose from people quitting the game.

It used to be they would rather have a steady flow of cash from subscriptions than from an irregular flow of cash from in game purchases, but now that the SimuCoin store is up and running and they are running these paid events on an almost monthly basis they no longer need to worry about paid subscriptions as long as they have people gobbling up these SimuCoins.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-21-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    The funny part is that by devaluing silvers they are also devaluing regular play and subscriptions (because the reward for actually playing is and should be obtaining silver/treasure).

I keep reminding them of this. 40 bucks a month is an income stream that all other FTP games would kill for. Why would you want to kill that goose for micro transactions?

Also, when the value of silvers goes down even more, and people finally say fuck it, then what? They stop playing and stop paying, and then the value of everything people were paying simucoins for at absurd rates goes down, and they're left with a $3000 widget in their hands that they can't sell because demand has tanked and method of sale has become restricted to RL money, well then they'll stand there and go "well fuck, looks like that was a waste" and then the purchase of simucoins starts to drop too.

At that point, the next likely thing to see is a reduction in the price of simucoins, to sweeten the pot so-to-speak, and that will be just another level of loss, as we'll see hyper inflation in both silvers and simucoins, and very little secondary market except maybe for trades.

Good luck all.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.