Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: *WARNING* - Silvers Crashing

Well of course the better answer is to remove alternate currency, but that ship sailed a long time ago and is never coming back to these waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Just stop already with the silver sink talk. The value of silvers is far more dependent upon players feeling like they have something to spend their silvers on, than on some actual equation that removes x percent of silvers from the game. Think about it this way for a moment: anyone else here who went to the pavilion auction, what, 20 years ago? What did you spend on the item you bought at that auction? The value of things have changed slowly since then, both up and down depending on the thing, but what has remained constant is that you've always felt that you could get something new and good with your silvers. They had value, to you. You didn't wake up one day and say, "OMG, I wish there was a silver sink!" That isn't how it works. Silvers have value because there's something you WANT to spend them on, and can spend them on.

When nothing cool (or very little) is for sale via silvers, then the silvers are worth less to you. This is particularly true when ANOTHER currency does have value to you instead of silvers.
    This. 100% this.

Just stop already with the silver sink talk. The value of silvers is far more dependent upon players feeling like they have something to spend their silvers on, than on some actual equation that removes x percent of silvers from the game. Think about it this way for a moment: anyone else here who went to the pavilion auction, what, 20 years ago? What did you spend on the item you bought at that auction? The value of things have changed slowly since then, both up and down depending on the thing, but what has remained constant is that you've always felt that you could get something new and good with your silvers. They had value, to you. You didn't wake up one day and say, "OMG, I wish there was a silver sink!" That isn't how it works. Silvers have value because there's something you WANT to spend them on, and can spend them on.

When nothing cool (or very little) is for sale via silvers, then the silvers are worth less to you. This is particularly true when ANOTHER currency does have value to you instead of silvers.
    Silver sinks just for the sake of silver sinks are the wrong way to go (like item breakage.)

I think when people talk about silver sinks they are talking about what you are talking about; introducing some awesome mega item or service of death and slapping a huge price tag on it. Or maybe even a lot of smaller services for smaller amounts of silvers but they can sell thousands upon thousands (like the digging games...before that went the way of SimuCoins.)
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    One thing I've always admired about GS was how they were careful not to make the game pay2win.

You can use silvers to buy awesome gear. You had to grind out those levels. Sure if you want to attend this fun once a year event you have to cough up an extra 50 bucks, but after that you can use in game silvers to buy shit inside of the event!

Now they're pretty much fully embraced pay2win as fear as gear and items go, they might as well just kill the game off completely and allow people to directly buy experience. Just think of the short term gains, Simu! You'll be rolling in dough!

Until someone literally has every skill maxed and they are in their 10x uber crit padded gear, with their 10x DB cloak, and their 10x uber crit weighted claid, then they log on one day and are like "What was the point again? Oh, right, RP!"

Then it would be time to monetize ALL RP events. Wait, don't they almost do that anyways?
    All RP verbs are now 1 Simucoin per use.

>slap dreaven

Sorry, this verb requires 1 Simucoin. You currently have 0 Simucoins.

SimuCoins can be purchased at http://store.play.net/store/purchase/GS
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0
    Methais sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kajxe7wbgr...ounds.rar?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    All RP verbs are now 1 Simucoin per use.

>slap dreaven

Sorry, this verb requires 1 Simucoin. You currently have 0 Simucoins.

SimuCoins can be purchased at http://store.play.net/store/purchase/GS
    We used to say "Don't give Simu any ideas!" Then we would all laugh because of the absurdity of the suggestion.

Now I cry because it's a legit concern

This is why people have been telling Wyrom that instead of "taxing" players to address silvers, give us things we actually want to spend them on, whether it's a temp item or buff or something to keep us coming back for more or whatever.

They're not interested. And even if they were, it would still become "Why do this for silvers when we can do it for Simucoins?"

If they were even just a little bit interested in not phasing out silvers, they wouldn't be using silver drain as an excuse while simultaneously flooding DR with silvers to where people (or at least Maerit) is making a decade's worth of coins in one run.

Their forever excuse will be "There's too much money in the game already blah blah blah" regardless of how good anyone's suggestions are to deal with it.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-21-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0

You're all forgetting that Simu doesn't want silvers to exist; it's a direct compeititor to their alt-currencies. I wouldn't be surprised that somewhere in Simu High Command Wyrom was directly given the directive to eliminate or severly lessen the silver market and co-op it with a Simucoin backed currency.
    Last edited by Kobold; 08-21-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    We used to say "Don't give Simu any ideas!" Then we would all laugh because of the absurdity of the suggestion.

Now I cry because it's a legit concern
    I heard on the news that Simu is in talks with Tillmen to make Lich operate on Simucoins.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-21-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I heard on the news that Simu is in talks with Tillmen to make Lich operate on Simucoins.
    The bastards!

It's funny though because Lich is yet another example of Simu letting their customers do their work for them.

GM: "Hey wouldn't maps in the game that followed us around help out old and new players alike?"
    Simu: "Yeah but that would take GM man hours away from making us more and more money, let some sucker create that."

GM: "Hey people love using scripts in our game that is literally one giant script, should we maybe make it easier for people to use scripts?"
    Simu: "Naww, create a new in game currency that people have to buy with real money, let the players create that."

GM: "Hey what about a way for players to communicate with anyon..."
    Simu: "Nope! A player can create that, we need to somehow squeeze in another 4 paid events a year into our already large and ever growing number of paid events a year."

10. Default

Here's the problem. "Sinks" will either make the game more annoying. FIND LESS SILVER/COST INCREASE OF ANYTHING, They aren't willing to exchange GM/Merchant time for silver, they aren't willing to sell simucoin items for silver because they will lose money. The other option is have god auctions all the time and flood the game with uber powerful weapons which is already kinda happening and they are losing value. I think a GREAT solution would be if they lowered the fucking monthly fee so more people would play. Yes more silver would be being generated but more people would be needing to buy things as well.