Thread: True Detective season 3

Blog Entries

I like Ali, but there's not much info there.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

2. Default

Stephen Dorff has been tapped as a lead opposite Mahershala Ali and Carmen Ejogo in the third season of Nic Pizzolatto’s HBO crime anthology series True Detective.

Season 3 will tell the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks and a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods. Ali will play the lead role of Wayne Hays, a state police detective from northwest Arkansas.

Dorff will play Wayne’s partner Roland West, an Arkansas State Investigator who, along with his partner, has his life and career influenced over three decades by a baffling crime.

As with the breakout original installment of True Detective, Pizzolatto is the sole writer of the third season with the exception of Episode 4, which he co-wrote with David Milch. Jeremy Saulnier is the Season 3 director alongside Pizzolatto, who will make his directorial debut.

Pizzolatto, who also serves as showrunner, executive produces with Saulnier and returning executive producers Scott Stephens; Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, who toplined Season 1; Cary Joji Fukunaga, who directed Season 1; along with Scott Stephens, Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Richard Brown.

(filming begins next month)
    Last edited by Androidpk; 01-05-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Stephen Dorff has been tapped as a lead opposite Mahershala Ali and Carmen Ejogo in the third season of Nic Pizzolatto’s HBO crime anthology series True Detective.

Season 3 will tell the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks and a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods. Ali will play the lead role of Wayne Hays, a state police detective from northwest Arkansas.

Dorff will play Wayne’s partner Roland West, an Arkansas State Investigator who, along with his partner, has his life and career influenced over three decades by a baffling crime.

As with the breakout original installment of True Detective, Pizzolatto is the sole writer of the third season with the exception of Episode 4, which he co-wrote with David Milch. Jeremy Saulnier is the Season 3 director alongside Pizzolatto, who will make his directorial debut.

Pizzolatto, who also serves as showrunner, executive produces with Saulnier and returning executive producers Scott Stephens; Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, who toplined Season 1; Cary Joji Fukunaga, who directed Season 1; along with Scott Stephens, Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Richard Brown.

(filming begins next month)
    After the debacle that was season 2 it will be hard to get me excited about it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

4. Default

What didn't you like about season 2? I didn't like it as much as the first one but I'm still a big fan of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    What didn't you like about season 2? I didn't like it as much as the first one but I'm still a big fan of it.
    Season 1 just had much better writing and chemistry. Season 2 was just very awkward and forgettable.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.