Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official: Duskruin Padding/Weighting Cost Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    They did say that previously padded armor would scale to the same amount in the new system.
    STFU Why aren't you grinding faggot?!

Blog Entries

3. Default

I wonder if the "new" crit padding modifies the "randomization". For example, if a rank 4 is scored based on damage, currently the system has a 33% chance of randomizing to rank 2 and the same chance to randomize to rank 4. I wonder if the new crit padding might weight this, so that there is say a 60% chance to randomize down to rank 2 and only say a 10% chance to remain 4 after randomization.

Recall that they were messing around with the "crit randomizer" with the bolt changes. (like where a rank 9 can randomize down to a floor of only 7). So sticking the new crit padding/weighting system in there would be possible I think.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    I wonder if the "new" crit padding modifies the "randomization". For example, if a rank 4 is scored based on damage, currently the system has a 33% chance of randomizing to rank 2 and the same chance to randomize to rank 4. I wonder if the new crit padding might weight this, so that there is say a 60% chance to randomize down to rank 2 and only say a 10% chance to remain 4 after randomization.

Recall that they were messing around with the "crit randomizer" with the bolt changes. (like where a rank 9 can randomize down to a floor of only 7). So sticking the new crit padding/weighting system in there would be possible I think.
    Then there is the slotting changes. Here's my take. Obviously, if they are allowing for both flares and weighting on a weapon at the same time it's a raw power increase no if's and's or but's. So, wouldn't it make sense if they quietly nerf'd weighting to allow for this excess power increase?

Anyhow, I guess we'll find out tomorrow. And I hope they release everything instead of this drip drip drip where everyone goes fucking crazy and eventually upset.

Blog Entries

Can forest armor be padded does anyone know or is this largely restriction free?

Blog Entries

Also is this special invitation or can me the donkey JAG get this done?

yes forest armor can be padded. i currently have a set of t4 6x hcp aug chain forest armor

Blog Entries

On my phone and lazy so here:

Hey everyone, it's been a long day, and we've been pushing especially hard on the weighting/padding updates. Unfortunately, we thought we'd be ready to launch today, but we found a number of critical systems that have to be updated before we can roll this live. I know many of you are waiting patiently on this update. I also realize there are a lot of questions on how it will work. We are confident that we can get this system out soon, but we're going to need a little more time.

Because of this, we're going to be adding a few new things to Duskruin that we had not planned on doing this run to make up for the delay. I'm going to be burning the midnight oil to make sure most are out tonight.

Please accept my apology for the delay.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

What does that mean though? Adding items to shops/high end shop?
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Blog Entries

They added illusion crystals which can temporarily make you look like another race/culture/gender. Here's hoping they add a few more things as well.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites