Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Duskruin Inventory and Services

1. Default

Good point I had the same thought myself forgot to ask.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

You determine that you could wear the trinket anywhere on your body. The trinket appears to serve some purpose.

That's the 20x/day e-wave item. It can be worn. Tempting.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

Blog Entries

Wyrom dropping knowledge in the Discord:

Quote Originally Posted by GM Wyrom
    Yeah, that's still true. If the event stays open, the booklets and jars would no longer be on sale. I'll be sure to post all the details as soon as I can. Unfortunately, missing a critical system update when we thought we were good to go has caused a lot more work and stress on everyone. Typically, something to the magnitiude that needed to be updated would be a month or two out. So pushing it through in a week has been a challenge.We're very close though.

One thing that may have been lost in the chaos is we made it where you can get a second invite due to the delay. The original plan was 1 invite and that was it. We'll see how it goes where people can earn another (after they use their's) to see if we'll leave as is for next time.
    Also, weighting/padding will be available soon after Duskruin for silver as well.
    If you hate the price in bloodscrip, just wait for the silver way.

Well, the booklet sale for silver also tapped the majority of players in game. Since it was not planned and no one was grinding for months to get silver. It drained the "middle class" of Elanthia pretty well.

The rich will always be rich. That's how it works. We're at about 2.2billion silver drained from booklets alone.

Players also haven't recovered from the auction in 2016 yet either. So if we use December 2016 as a start date, we've pulled more silver out of game than we've introduced.

I think part of the hysteria is something I also instilled a bit by exposing some of the numbers. And I know Kerl on the forums has some good points. But he's mostly touching on players not selling anything. Not that we're not selling anything. It's tough though, because when people tie up ROI into a game, things get pretty doomed quickly.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Silver way = 20 million for light crit weighting.

5. Default

"You determine that you could wear the trinket anywhere on your body. The trinket appears to serve some purpose."

Must have been changed, i checked on day 1 and none of them were worn. Are any of the others worn, or only the ewave one? (believe you can ANALYZE each of these)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    "You determine that you could wear the trinket anywhere on your body. The trinket appears to serve some purpose."

Must have been changed, i checked on day 1 and none of them were worn. Are any of the others worn, or only the ewave one? (believe you can ANALYZE each of these)

Sweet I passed cuz i wasn't sure if it was wearable or not.

7. Default

It would be nice if the razern shard - the 20x a day cold snap, were wearable too.

Blog Entries

This is regarding the Illusion Trinkets from The Messy Alchemist that allow you to appear as other races/cultures/genders

Quote Originally Posted by GM Kaikala
    >Kaikala - I'm guessing this fell by the wayside in the quest to squish bugs and life in general. (Thank you!) Do you have any updates on what T2 looks like, what to expect pricing-wise, and if any T2s and/or unlimited will be going out before Duskruin ends? (Or after, really, I'm not picky.)

Yes, of course

Tier 2's ANALYZE (which is a 2-parter) is at the bottom of this post. In short, it lets you toggle on feature fields specific to the item while it's active (and toggling off just goes back to your regular features) for the LOOK; i.e. a feature "concealer" of sorts that replaces features in your LOOK rather than completely hides them so that you can deck out your race/culture/gender appearance to be totally different than your base features without having to rely on other feature items. Technically any merchant can set those feature fields for you once the item is unlocked (i.e. anyone has permission), but not every GM will be comfortable doing so (or may not necessarily be qualified to) due to how the item is set up. Just bear in mind that the features will need to follow regular feature alteration guidelines -- in their current form, these are definitely not meant to take the place of glamour tatts with all of the magical blue fire and demon wings and such

We'll do 4 total Tier 2s this coming Saturday, all 4 with unlimited charges. 2 will be placed out in cert-equivalent form as first-come first-serve; the other 2 will be by raffle. That's for Prime. Plat will get 2 total, 1 of each method (and the price will get adjusted down slightly, in case ya'll Platters are looking into these at all). When I have the raffle set up, I'll post exact times for everything -- but I'm a PST night owl, so definitely do not expect these to go out early in the morning.

They'll be set at 35k BS (and the raffle will have, of course, a buy-in cost). Will include modifying the race/culture/gender option to your choice of appropriate setting(s) and getting the various feature fields customized -- i.e. making sure it's fully set up out of the gate for what you've got in mind.

Also, THANK YOU to the people who submitted bugs and/or were my guinea pigs for some of the more bizarre issues. As of Tuesday, everything bug-wise I've received so far should be squashed, but if you submitted something and it is still not showing properly for you, definitely feel welcome to get in touch so that we can hunt down what's up with it.

~Kaikala

The analyze is taken from the blue sapphire talisman in the shop -- this one is set to unlimited charges, Tier 2, but no features set in it yet -- should still give you the general idea.

G>analyze my talis
    You analyze your blue sapphire talisman and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

DISGUISE ELIXIR ITEM - ANALYZE INFO

This is a Disguise Elixir item. Depending on its setup, it will change the appearance of the race, culture, and/or gender of a character. This is a temporary effect -- not a permanent change.

This item provides an aesthetic disguise without any mechanical benefits. It is Tier 2 (of 2 currently). It also allows for illusory features as part of the disguise. Note that these are only illusory via LOOK -- your base features will remain the same and will still be utilized by most verbs. The illusory ones must follow regular feature alteration guidelines. Any merchant may alter these, but they MUST be appropriate for the race/culture/gender that the item is set to.

To see what, if any, illusory features are set up, ANALYZE the item again within 15 seconds.

The talisman has unlimited charges and will never run out. Each charge on this talisman nets the character roughly 8 hours and 0 minutes of disguise time until the disguise is eliminated (either through naturally running its course, removing the item prematurely via PULL). There is a very rare chance during each charge cycle that the disguise will prematurely end on its own well before the full time has elapsed. Also note that death automatically ousts the disguise from a character.

The talisman is set up to place the following aesthetic attributes on a character. Altering these settings may only be done on rare occasions by qualified persons; it is not a general merchant service.
    Race: Dwarf
    Culture: Reznek Clan

Currently you are able to try to PUSH (to activate), PULL (to deactivate), NUDGE (toggles tattoo visibility), TICKLE (toggles custom features visibility), GAZE, LICK, and RUB (toggles item's visibility while active) the talisman.

Aesthetic alterations to the item itself are acceptable -- they just must make sense for where the item is worn. Note that needles come out of the underside of the item, so nothing in the alteration should prevent that from logically occurring.

You get no sense of whether or not the talisman may be further lightened.
    G>analyze my talis
    You analyze your blue sapphire talisman and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

DISGUISE ELIXIR ITEM - ILLUSORY FEATURES

AGE DESCRIPTOR:
    HAIR COLOR:
    HAIR STYLE:
    HAIR TEXTURE:
    HAIR QUIRK:
    EYE COLOR:
    EYE CHARACTERISTIC:
    COMPLEXION:
    NOSE:
    FACE:
    HEIGHT:
    BODY:
    DMARK:
    WINGS:
    WINGQUIRK:
    UNIQUE:

The above features WILL NOT show up in the LOOK. To toggle, use TICKLE on your talisman. Features marked with "none" will be blank -- this is only possible for features that are not required by the feature system.

Tattoos on your person WILL show up in the LOOK. To toggle, use NUDGE on your talisman.

ANALYZE again for main info.

From nearby, you hear Ordim yell, "Dont eat meeeeee!"

The shaggy mutt sniffs at a vine-painted mistwood keg, then grabs it in its teeth and greedily wolfs it down before anyone can grab it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom
    Players also haven't recovered from the auction in 2016 yet either. So if we use December 2016 as a start date, we've pulled more silver out of game than we've introduced.
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong but didn't he say in the silver drain thread that the auction didn't really do shit?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong but didn't he say in the silver drain thread that the auction didn't really do shit?
    Yeah, I don't know. Between that auction and the booklets pulling a crap ton from the middle class i'm not sure what the problem is. They just need to be able to curtail crazy amounts of silver generation via farmers (any operation clearing well over 7 mill a week purely from hunting, for instance) and the economy would be fine.
    Last edited by Fallen; 08-30-2017 at 09:41 AM.