Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Duskruin Inventory and Services

1. Default

i will probably never save up to buy anything high end. For me i just buy and sell. I can't afford to save up 700 dollars to buy something that i am not getting a return on really. If silver prices were higher who knows. Shrug I still willplay because I like too

I'm feeling antsy about the weight costs now... 500,000 bs for rotflares?? 1,000,000 for heavy weighting??

Blog Entries

Oh look, another macgyver.

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    i will probably never save up to buy anything high end. For me i just buy and sell. I can't afford to save up 700 dollars to buy something that i am not getting a return on really. If silver prices were higher who knows. Shrug I still willplay because I like too
    Right on. I think the problem is there are a handful of players, like literally 2 or 3 who are exorbitantly wealthy. To them $1000 is like $1, and so for such a small population game they skew the pricing to fucked up levels.

Oh look, it's a female repellant.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post
    Except simu doesnt care about silver prices and they dont value off of that. the fact that silver has lost 50% of cash value over the last 3-4 years should tell you that. for a typical 250 scorer, 250k scrip is 1,000 runs or 20 books. Even if you are buying retail at 7.5m per book, thats 150m, not out of line with what people have paid for certs in game. if you're buying via simucoins thats $700 or 117m at 6 per.

Rotflares are a bad example since they're crazy overrated for someone not super trained in necro. Thats why you see players with multiple rotflaring weapons who still suck at arena...they're basically status flares.
    That is not factoring in the time it takes to finish 20 books. How long is that? I'm not sure how fast a sorc can complete 50 runs, but i thought i heard someone say 12 hours. So we're talking 240 hours of non-scripted playing (because scripting it is still illegal by rules and I also heard of others being punished last DR for scripting the runs).

So anyone able to complete 240 hours worth of playing in the span of 2 weeks would basically need to be a gold-farmer type who pees at their desk and lives off of dominoes for 2 weeks. Not leaving their house, just playign GS full time.

No, building up 250k scrip yourself, let alone 400k scrip is not really possible in one DR. So you have to go to the secondary market, you have to buy scrip from other players. Going rate is between 1200-1500 silver per (value of silver here is irrelevant as it is just an intermediary calculation). So lets take the most expensive value and cheapest silver sale price currently seen.

1500/per = 375m silver
    @$6 = $2250 for rot flares, current worst exchange rate scenario

Those numbers can be reduced and offset by generating your own scrip, and of course negotiating better prices for BS or for silver, but that means ultimately the "labor" cost for current market value of 250,000 script is 2250-700 = $1550. And that works out to just 6.45 bucks an hour.

Of course if you are scripting it, you can probably complete a booklet faster, but run the risk of getting caught/banned/punished. But even the "best" players have to sleep after a few days.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 08-18-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    That is not factoring in the time it takes to finish 20 books. How long is that? I'm not sure how fast a sorc can complete 50 runs, but i thought i heard someone say 12 hours. So we're talking 240 hours of non-scripted playing (because scripting it is still illegal by rules and I also heard of others being punished last DR for scripting the runs).

So anyone able to complete 240 hours worth of playing in the span of 2 weeks would basically need to be a gold-farmer type who pees at their desk and lives off of dominoes for 2 weeks. Not leaving their house, just playign GS full time.

No, building up 250k scrip yourself, let alone 400k scrip is not really possible in one DR. So you have to go to the secondary market, you have to buy scrip from other players. Going rate is between 1200-1500 silver per (value of silver here is irrelevant as it is just an intermediary calculation). So lets take the most expensive value and cheapest silver sale price currently seen.

1500/per = 375m silver
    @$6 = $2250 for rot flares, current worst exchange rate scenario

Those numbers can be reduced and offset by generating your own scrip, and of course negotiating better prices for BS or for silver, but that means ultimately the "labor" cost for current market value of 250,000 script is 2250-700 = $1550. And that works out to just 6.45 bucks an hour.

Of course if you are scripting it, you can probably complete a booklet faster, but run the risk of getting caught/banned/punished. But even the "best" players have to sleep after a few days.
    You can script, you just need to be at your computer screen while doing it so you pass the script checks. I'm on my computer 14/15 hours a day anyway.

What Wyrom needs to consider/think about is directly selling Bloodscrip for silvers, with bonuses for different levels of large purchases.

EDIT: Come to think of it, that may be what Wyroms up to. Everyone knows these prices are exorbitant, maybe he's using bloodscrips as a sponge knowing full well people are going to need to use silvers to buy BS directly linking BS to silver values at an extremely skewed rate; thereby depressing silver values even more.

I.E. Given, Silvers = BloodScrip = US dollars. Silvers = X US dollars. BloodScrip = Y US Dollars (controlled through the SIMUSTORE), if all "good stuff" is in Bloodscrip and BS prices are crazy inflated then Silvers would need to be crazy inflated relative to items reducing silver prices per Dollars because Dollars is locked at a set rate to BS through simucoins!

Last edited by Kobold; 08-18-2017 at 09:22 AM.

8. Default

In April i took Friday through thursday off. I went through over 70 books I would guess. This wasn't all arena though. I ran arena on one account and sewer on the other. It was pretty brutal. I had fun though. Not even sure how man bs I made but it was a lot.

This isn't really that hard to understand. Wyrom (and I am not even listing Simu anymore as I think he is the one behind all this) has realized that you all are just an ATM for them. Every couple months now they come to make a withdraw and every couple months you give them stupid amounts of money. It will stop happening and things will be reconsidered when we as the player base say enough is enough and stop giving them money like its out of a monopoly box.

Why? Because racecar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pereus View Post
    This isn't really that hard to understand. Wyrom (and I am not even listing Simu anymore as I think he is the one behind all this) has realized that you all are just an ATM for them. Every couple months now they come to make a withdraw and every couple months you give them stupid amounts of money. It will stop happening and things will be reconsidered when we as the player base say enough is enough and stop giving them money like its out of a monopoly box.
    I believe that a lot of the pricing is based on the amount of BS in circulation, so the people who script for 20 hours a day on multiple accounts have generated so much scrip that it's ruined the pricing for everyone else.
    Last edited by Allereli; 08-18-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.