Thread: Level 19 empath check...

Default Level 19 empath check...

So mainly this character is just healing my alts, but I suppose I should train him to be able to hunt if I ever feel like doing so. I would train him as a pure. But I wanted to get your thoughts on his training. Again first priority is healing, then hunting. And i will never cap this character, so stats dont need to be perfect max for cap. Just to have fun in low levels.

Level 0 Stats for XXX, Burghal Gnome Empath

Strength (STR): 75
    Constitution (CON): 95
    Dexterity (DEX): 40
    Agility (AGI): 40
    Discipline (DIS): 70
    Aura (AUR): 70
    Logic (LOG): 50
    Intuition (INT): 40
    Wisdom (WIS): 90
    Influence (INF): 90

XXXX (at level 19), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Physical Fitness...................| 124 32
    Harness Power......................| 90 20
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 74 16
    Mental Mana Control................| 25 5
    Spirit Mana Control................| 96 22
    Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 93 21
    Perception.........................| 15 3
    First Aid..........................| 141 41

Spell Lists
    Major Spiritual....................| 16

Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 17

Spell Lists
    Empath.............................| 19
    Training Points: 197 Phy 0 Mnt (500 Phy converted to Mnt)
    (Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

Pretty sure that transformation lore's effects on healing RT aren't capped at level, so you may want to get some more ranks there if this is just a healing bot. With 206, you also don't need all that FA training -- just drop it down to 1x, unless you really want to skin some stuff.

If you do want to hunt as a pure, you might drop some of those major spirit ranks and put them in empath circle. You probably won't need 219 for a while, anyhow.

You should at least bump your STR stat up to 90 or something to help you deal with encumbrance. The GI for STR on a burger gnome is gonna be pretty damn low. You probably don't need CON to be quite so high. And pump your logic up so you'll gain exp faster from healing.

If you just want a healbot, drop everything but your SMC, the 19 empath ranks, and put all the rest of your points into HP and transformation.

Those 16 EMC ranks seem like a crazy expense, but I guess I understand if your main is a wizard or bard or something. My empath is just about 2x cap and I still have zero EMC ranks, but hey, that's just me.

The only real purpose for those 5 MMC ranks would be to give you an additional target for 1117 (the base is 3, with 5 MMC ranks you get 4). It's only 15 MTP, but unless you're gonna be hunting swarms of stuff, you don't really need it at this moment.

3. Default

If the character is just gonna be primarily a healbot, 1x harness power and 1x empath spells are the bare minimal of what you need. Maybe also 1x SMC up until 24 ranks. Everything else would just be for the build you use to hunt with and your own personal taste.

I'm guessing you'll only hunt with the empath once in a while as a distraction from your main, so that the empath itself may stay pretty low level for a long time. If that's the case you might want to consider making it into a THW build. It would be able to heal just fine, but would be easier to hunt with at lower levels. Having a 6 mana main attack spell can be pretty annoying when the character is in its teens/early 20s, and the THW offering a free melee attack can be pretty nice. Get 2x PF no matter what sort of hunting build you settle on.

4. Default

my 40 empath is THW and its fun as hell. he's strong and rarely dies. with that said, I will probably go pure again at 50 because apparently THW gets crappy around that level

OK, he is going to ding 20 on the next round of healing so before he does - i made some adjustments as per the advice in this thread:

Level 0 Stats for xxxx, Burghal Gnome Empath

Strength (STR): 75
    Constitution (CON): 85
    Dexterity (DEX): 40
    Agility (AGI): 40
    Discipline (DIS): 65
    Aura (AUR): 70
    Logic (LOG): 70
    Intuition (INT): 40
    Wisdom (WIS): 90
    Influence (INF): 85

(at level 19), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Physical Fitness...................| 86 19
    Harness Power......................| 147 47
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 74 16
    Spirit Mana Control................| 96 22
    Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 142 42
    First Aid..........................| 86 19

Spell Lists
    Major Spiritual....................| 6

Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 16

Spell Lists
    Empath.............................| 19
    Training Points: 71 Phy 0 Mnt (724 Phy converted to Mnt)

At this point, as you can see hi is a pure healer...no hunting skills at all, which is fine for now. But I want his stats such that, someday i could hunt with him and use a fixskill.

For hunting you would want at least 2x PF, and as mentioned the EMC ranks are a huge cost unless they have a specific purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    For hunting you would want at least 2x PF, and as mentioned the EMC ranks are a huge cost unless they have a specific purpose.
    I send mana from my wizard and bard all the time.

No hunting for now, just healbot only.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    I send mana from my wizard and bard all the time.

No hunting for now, just healbot only.
    Fair enough. You could consider training in MMC instead of EMC as it's cheaper for empaths, and have your bard learn some EMC to receive from your wizard.

Also,

Quote Originally Posted by LeftBench View Post
    my 40 empath is THW and its fun as hell. he's strong and rarely dies. with that said, I will probably go pure again at 50 because apparently THW gets crappy around that level
    THW empath is still viable at cap, though it's more work and does require nice gear for optimum results (more so than playing a class the "right" way). Also helps to pick what you're hunting carefully.