Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Baltimore Removes Confederate Statues

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    America of the 1860s is not the America of the 2010s. So what's your point? Maybe I am traumatized by the past actions of the Democratic Party. Does that mean I get to topple donkey statues?

The destruction of property in this way is flat out wrong.

But then I'm talking to someone who wants equality but then calls the other side asshole.
    If you're a racist, you're an asshole, and I'm going to unapologetically wave that flag.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    The second you start playing "slippery slope" with a white nationalist, neo-nazi hate march, you've already fallen right down that slope.

There's no grey area here. These are horrendous people, and one of them tried to kill dozens of people during that march. You also had neo-nazis who were all standing across from a Jewish Synagogue holding guns and screaming "Sieg Heil" at them over and over again. They came marching with fire and guns chanting "Jews will not replace us", and you're sitting here trying to talk about it as though it's really just the right-wing equivalent of people who showed up to march against hate.

And you know how you can tell how incredibly wrong you are?

You're currently making the same arguments as Neveragain- one of PC's card-carrying white supremecists. That alone should be a serious reality check for you.
    I disagree. There is ALWAYS a gray area.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    If you're a racist, you're an asshole, and I'm going to unapologetically wave that flag.
    And so are the fools who destroyed property. What's your point?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post

And you know how you can tell how incredibly wrong you are?

You're currently making the same arguments as Neveragain- one of PC's card-carrying white supremecists. That alone should be a serious reality check for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You have to wonder to yourself.. "gee self.. I'm siding with the 3 biggest idiots on this forum: Backlash, time4fun and Ashliana.. maybe I'm just wrong in this case"

And to put the cherry on top, you quote one of them?

Good job pk...

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    And so are the fools who destroyed property. What's your point?
    You're criticizing my arguments as implicitly hypocritical because I called people assholes; I'm replying that that argument doesn't work.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    How about Martin Luther King/jr?
    Didn't wage war on the United States, he can have a statue. And he already does! The system works.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Didn't wage war on the United States, he can have a statue. And he already does! The system works.
    He was a non-violent offender against the state, just like Gandhi and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    He was a non-violent offender against the state, just like Gandhi and others.
    He was black too, and a Baptist, and a Ph.D. He was lots of things; one thing he was not was someone who waged war on the United States.

So he can have a statue!

Done and done.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    You're criticizing my arguments as implicitly hypocritical because I called people assholes; I'm replying that that argument doesn't work.
    I'm not the only one calling out your hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    He was black too, and a Baptist, and a Ph.D. He was lots of things; one thing he was not was someone who waged war on the United States.

So he can have a statue!

Done and done.
    I'm only half paying attention but what are you blathering on about now? People who wage war on the US can't have a statue? Very few people were responsible for "waging war" against the Union, most other people who fought for the Confederacy had no choice, the citizens in the south certainly had little to no choice.

Or do we just say they're all racist fucks so no statue!

What about in the UK, should they have statues of any US citizens or honor the US in any way?

What about India, should they have any statues honoring UK citizens in any way?

Go back far enough and someone fucked over another person's family in some way, so let's just do away with all statues and monuments, just to be on the safe side. This is the madness Democrats want to engage in. This is the madness Latrinsorm wants to engage in.

THIS.

IS.