Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Baltimore Removes Confederate Statues

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Or the Democratic Party itself. The party has deep roots in racism.
    Yes, during the Civil War, the Democrats were the party of slavery. However, the Democratic party of the 1860s is not the Democratic party of the 2010s, and it's bad history and worse disingenuity to make the connection you're trying to make.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    More like aligning against white supremacist racist nazis.
    Except there is a difference that PB is failing to mention and that I'm aligning against white supremist racist nazis AND the violent left wing groups such as Antifa.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Okay. But what about non-violent offenders against the US? What about civil rights heroes? All art is subject to offense, should we ban all art? That may seem like stretching to some but slippery slope and all that.
    How is it a slippery slope? Either they waged war on the United States or they didn't. Boom, hard and fast, done.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    How is it a slippery slope? Either they waged war on the United States or they didn't. Boom, hard and fast, done.
    How about Martin Luther King/jr?

5. Default

I don't consider it erasing history. I call it learning from history. Books aren't being erased. Put the statues in museums.
    I'm with Back on this one. It isn't erasing history because we'd still have the books. I mean, who's ever heard of banning offensive books? Pffffft

Okay. But what about non-violent offenders against the US? What about civil rights heroes? All art is subject to offense, should we ban all art? That may seem like stretching to some but slippery slope and all that.
    The second you start playing "slippery slope" with a white nationalist, neo-nazi hate march, you've already fallen right down that slope.

There's no grey area here. These are horrendous people, and one of them tried to kill dozens of people during that march. You also had neo-nazis who were all standing across from a Jewish Synagogue holding guns and screaming "Sieg Heil" at them over and over again. They came marching with fire and guns chanting "Jews will not replace us", and you're sitting here trying to talk about it as though it's really just the right-wing equivalent of people who showed up to march against hate.

And you know how you can tell how incredibly wrong you are?

You're currently making the same arguments as Neveragain- one of PC's card-carrying white supremecists. That alone should be a serious reality check for you.
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-17-2017 at 09:16 PM.

I don't consider it erasing history. I call it learning from history. Books aren't being erased. Put the statues in museums.

So THAT is what these fine, upstanding citizens are doing.... moving these statues to museums!

I can't wait to go!
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 08-17-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Yes, during the Civil War, the Democrats were the party of slavery. However, the Democratic party of the 1860s is not the Democratic party of the 2010s, and it's bad history and worse disingenuity to make the connection you're trying to make.
    America of the 1860s is not the America of the 2010s. So what's your point? Maybe I am traumatized by the past actions of the Democratic Party. Does that mean I get to topple donkey statues?

The destruction of property in this way is flat out wrong.

But then I'm talking to someone who wants equality but then calls the other side asshole.

Except there is a difference that PB is failing to mention and that I'm aligning against white supremist racist nazis AND the violent left wing groups such as Antifa.
    Who is aligning themselves for white supremacist racist Nazis?

Not for Free speech.. specifically FOR white supremacist racist Nazis?

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    The second you start playing "slippery slope" with a white nationalist, neo-nazi hate march, you've already fallen right down that slope.

There's no grey area here. These are horrendous people, and one of them tried to kill dozens of people during that march. You also had neo-nazis who were all standing across from a Jewish Synagogue holding guns and screaming "Sieg Heil" at them over and over again. They came marching with fire and guns chanting "Jews will not replace us", and you're sitting here trying to talk about it as though it's really just the right-wing equivalent of people who showed up to march against hate.

And you know how you can tell how incredibly wrong you are?

You're currently making the same arguments as Neveragain- one of PC's card-carrying white supremecists. That alone should be a serious reality check for you.
    I love how the left characterizes neo-Nazi as on the right. Those fools have more in common with the progressive movement...they are part of the progressive movement. Same insane logic, that being a desire for a fundamental transformation of America.

Can't wait for the progressive movement to start destroying Christian statues.