Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fusion Vs Ensorcell

1. Default Fusion Vs Ensorcell

Honestly, when it comes to weapons and armor etc, etc I'm pretty clueless!

Can someone put it into layman's terms why I would prefer one over the other? I've currently got 6x or 7x fusion doubles with two orbs that are benefiting her attack, but I'm looking at 8x hcp t5 doubles.

Please someone educate me! I looked at GS Wiki and I get the general idea of what ensorcell is. I just need someone to tell me why one vs the other with a more educated opinion than my own.

Thank you ahead of time for your advice!

Well the good news is that fusion and ensorcell are compatible so you can have both!

https://gswiki.play.net/Item_properties

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ladylyoko View Post
    Honestly, when it comes to weapons and armor etc, etc I'm pretty clueless!

Can someone put it into layman's terms why I would prefer one over the other? I've currently got 6x or 7x fusion doubles with two orbs that are benefiting her attack, but I'm looking at 8x hcp t5 doubles.

Please someone educate me! I looked at GS Wiki and I get the general idea of what ensorcell is. I just need someone to tell me why one vs the other with a more educated opinion than my own.

Thank you ahead of time for your advice!
    They aren't mutually exclusive. You can have fusion and have ensorcell. In your example, you would be trading 2 fusion slots for already done HCP and already completed T5 ensorcell. You could get your fusion armor to have HCP and T5 ensorcell. You will probably never get that 8x armor to have fusion slots.

It does not need to be fusion or ensorcell, you can generally ensorcell fusion gear.

You would instead choose the 8x hcp t5 doubles mostly because of the heavy crit padding, the higher enchant, and the -10 CvA (equivalent to +10 TD) when cast upon.

Or you can have your fusion one ensorcelled and enchanted and padded and one day try to add a different armor mechanical script, like ethereal armor, forest armor, Voln armor, or Ithzir armor. Or even a fluff script if you don't too much.

5. Default

Is it necessary (or easier to ensorcel) fusion gear by removing the enhancement orbs first? Or can they just stay in the fusion items and it doesn't affect the T1-T5 ensorcel difficulty?

-J
    bid 1337
    Dett *BANGS* his gavel! "The bidding is now open for lot number 21: a grey-swirled coraesine relic! Who will start the bidding at 20 silvers?"
    >

The auctioneer nods to you as you bid 1,337 silvers.
    >
    The auctioneer calls out, "Ardwen bids 175,000,000 silvers! New bids must be at least 192,500,000 silvers."

le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by gs4-PauperSid View Post
    Is it necessary (or easier to ensorcel) fusion gear by removing the enhancement orbs first? Or can they just stay in the fusion items and it doesn't affect the T1-T5 ensorcel difficulty?

-J
    Necessary depends on the ensorceller but it will make it more difficult if the orbs are in it. With a powerful enough sorc it may not make any difference in their chances though.
    Last edited by Ososis; 08-14-2017 at 08:53 PM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

7. Default

Ok! So on that note. How do I go about getting my current leathers ensorcelled? Is there someone in particular I can go ahead and just reach out to? Also: what about increasing the enchant? How do I know if it's something a wizard can't do or needs to be done by a merchant?

Again, thank y'all kindly! That's already been a huge help.

Blog Entries

Ok! So on that note. How do I go about getting my current leathers ensorcelled? Is there someone in particular I can go ahead and just reach out to? Also: what about increasing the enchant? How do I know if it's something a wizard can't do or needs to be done by a merchant?

;chat on merchant Looking to buy a T1 ensorcell for 7x fusion armor.

Ensorcell is a service that sorcerers who know 735 can provide. THe more spell knowledge a sorcerer has the more difficult items they will be able to ensorcell. Look to pay 2m for T1, 3m T2, 4m T3, 5m T4, and 6m T6.
    Last edited by drauz; 08-14-2017 at 09:05 PM.

You can enchant fusion up to 7x by normal player means (technically CAN go higher with expensive/very rare potions but 7x is the standard player cap). The enchant process will again be made more difficult with orbs than without. Duskruin starts on Friday and you can get auto-enchant certificates (+5) or the rare 8-10x potions (NOT CHEAP!). I would suggest getting as much player possible work done before pushing the certificates on it though.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    (technically CAN go higher with expensive/very rare potions but 7x is the standard player cap).
    Nope, there is no pre-temper potion for over 7x fusion. A player can only take fusion armor to 7x max.
    Last edited by drauz; 08-14-2017 at 09:18 PM.