Thread: 416 and glyph traps

1. Default 416 and glyph traps

Are glyph traps triggered the moment I cast 416 (piercing gaze) on the boxes they're in? Or do they only trigger if I successfully cast 416, with the whole "You gaze at the trunk but your vision is obscured" failure being still possible even with a glyph inside?

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    Are glyph traps triggered the moment I cast 416 (piercing gaze) on the boxes they're in? Or do they only trigger if I successfully cast 416, with the whole "You gaze at the trunk but your vision is obscured" failure being still possible even with a glyph inside?
    Darn good question. Wish I had a darn good answer.

From my experience it sets it off right away upon casting. That or I just have the worst luck ever every time.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmar View Post
    From my experience it sets it off right away upon casting. That or I just have the worst luck ever every time.
    This helps, the one time I encountered one it worked the same way. Might be safe to assume they all set off right away.

416 will set them off. If you lore up and use the detect verb on the box you should find them. I have never yet set off a glyph as I always find them with detect on my Wizard.

Some more information - https://gswiki.play.net/Popping_boxes

416 always sets them off on first cast.

I know this from 100s of trials.

They're annoying but pretty harmless, especially with go2 to guide you back to town, so no real reason to detect first imo.
    Last edited by Dantx; 09-02-2017 at 01:03 AM.

7. Default

those are vacation boxes that take you to a nice place where you can see the glorious future you're gonna carve out for yourself

A minor inconvenience compared to when 416 would make any bladder trap an empath's delight.

Blog Entries

If you can cast Phase (704) via an embed or otherwise and the box blocks it outright without the "mithril" or "enruned" adjectives you can tell if it is glyphed. Useful for saving yourself a few moments of annoyance.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites