Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Anti-Stress Policy pulled

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    5,776
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Anti-Stress Policy pulled

    https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...duction-policy

    All tests and exams will be open book and open notes, including the use of material on your laptop.

    All tests and exams will be designed to be completed in half the allotted time by the majority of students.

    All tests and exams will be designed to assess low-level mastery of the course material.

    If you feel unduly stressed by a grade for any assessable material or the overall course, you can email the instructor indicating what grade you think is appropriate, and it will be so changed. No explanation is required, but it is requested that you consider waiting 24 hours before emailing the instructor.

    If in a group meeting, you feel stressed by your group's dynamics, you should leave the meeting immediately and need offer no explanation to the group members. Furthermore, you can request to discontinue all further group work and your grade will be based totally on nongroup work.

    Only positive comments about presentations will be given in class. Comments designed to improve future presentations will be communicated by email.

    While this policy might hinder the development of group skills and mastery of the class material, ultimately these are your responsibility. I will provide every opportunity for you to gain high-level mastery.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    20,539
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Basically you could just never show up and get an A in that class with no need to explain anything to him, I guess.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    5,776
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Basically you could just never show up and get an A in that class with no need to explain anything to him, I guess.
    Probably.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    20,539
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Probably.
    You could...

    "If you feel unduly stressed by a grade for any assessable material or the overall course, you can email the instructor indicating what grade you think is appropriate, and it will be so changed. No explanation is required, but it is requested that you consider waiting 24 hours before emailing the instructor."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    5,776
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You could...

    "If you feel unduly stressed by a grade for any assessable material or the overall course, you can email the instructor indicating what grade you think is appropriate, and it will be so changed. No explanation is required, but it is requested that you consider waiting 24 hours before emailing the instructor."
    Yeah, the questioning was whether you could just not attend class at all and still get an A.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    20,539
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Yeah, the questioning was whether you could just not attend class at all and still get an A.
    "If in a group meeting, you feel stressed by your group's dynamics, you should leave the meeting immediately and need offer no explanation to the group members. Furthermore, you can request to discontinue all further group work and your grade will be based totally on nongroup work."

    The whole class stresses me out.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You could...

    "If you feel unduly stressed by a grade for any assessable material or the overall course, you can email the instructor indicating what grade you think is appropriate, and it will be so changed. No explanation is required, but it is requested that you consider waiting 24 hours before emailing the instructor."
    Only if you wait 24 hours. Waiting 24 hours would stress me out though so fuck that, just give me an A and I want my money back.

  8. #8

    Default

    Shit like this makes me wonder. Like wouldn't this school be associated with this shit and years from now an employer is going to look at the person's education and say "Isn't that the school that just handed out A's to everyone?" And not hire the person. I think something similar is going to happen with graduates of Evergreen.

    In a rush to make sure no one's feelings are hurt it seems like these professors are doing more harm than good.
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    20,539
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Shit like this makes me wonder. Like wouldn't this school be associated with this shit and years from now an employer is going to look at the person's education and say "Isn't that the school that just handed out A's to everyone?" And not hire the person. I think something similar is going to happen with graduates of Evergreen.

    In a rush to make sure no one's feelings are hurt it seems like these professors are doing more harm than good.
    They'd lose their accreditation first.

  10. #10

    Default

    I wonder if the author went to a school like that?

    The institution, however, said the section was deleted was because of its lack of academic rigor, not the criticism or media attention.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •