Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monk Stuck Aiming UAC/General Monk

1. Default Monk Stuck Aiming UAC/General Monk

I'm new to UAC and Monks completely. Lothaltashin is 14th training. It's a great design for a build. The spells need work but the TP's for the skillsets are great, UAC is really good overall.

What happened is that now for some reason he cannot stop aiming. Every kick punch grapple or jab is aimed with increased RT. I didn't even know how to aim an attack before, it was fine without that.

Anyone know how the fuck to fix this?

3x Dodge is a huge advantage for a low-level and UAC is pretty good as far as
    causing enough damage to hunt. I've heard TD's suck of Monks...I do have wizard/cleric speedups for him, maybe that'll even things out for high levels. But for now he's very physical and I'm sure higher up he'll have to go 1x spells or whatever. They are a much better profession than I thought they were from some complaints about them.

I think aim clear stops you from auto aiming.

3. Default

gracias

Blog Entries

get slippery mind to rank 3!, my monk also uses 1210 alot and 1219.
    Player of Sentral , Gnarevo, and Nightfern

5. Default

This should help alleviate a lot of the questions you might have: https://gswiki.play.net/Flimbo%27s_Monk_Guide

Also, do not get slippery mind to rank 3, especially do not go for it at level 14. If you get it at all, get it at cap. (Do not get it at cap)
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 08-10-2017 at 12:51 PM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sentral View Post
    get slippery mind to rank 3!, my monk also uses 1210 alot and 1219.
    1219 is amazing.

1218 is even more amazing against casters.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 08-10-2017 at 12:54 PM.

As far as TD goes you should really look into getting 1220 as soon as possible then work towards 120 as soon as possible.

1220 is a nice spell for a DS boost and maneuver boost, then in the 100's you get some good TD boosts from 101, 107, and 120 and 115 is a good spell to help with TD issues too.

You should probably aim for having both spells by level 50 or 60. After that you can lay off on spells for a while because 125 is useless, 130 isn't really necessary, 135 is useless, and 140 won't be useful or even necessary for a while yet. 1225 isn't even implemented yet and 1235 just makes critters gen faster, can be a cute little spell to use but again completely unnecessary.

8. Default

There's no extra TD from the 100 circle after 120. Just DS. Stop it there unless you're not in voln and need a fog. If that's the case, you're doin' it wrong. Go to 1236 by cap, not for the 1235 spell, which is marginally useful only as stated here, but for the extra TD from Mindward. Difference between 1220 and 1236 is 4 GTD/8MTD, which saves you large amounts of CMAN points between having Focus 3 and Focus 5. At cap your spell circles will almost invariably end up: 1236 and 120, for maximum usefulness.

Blog Entries

well avoiding 27% of all warding casts helps, I don't have any perfect self at level 63, here is what I have. All things for avoiding damage mostly. i'll probably do perfect self later on, or rolling krynch soon.

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
    Combat Focus focus 3
    Combat Mobility mobility 1
    Surge of Strength surge 4
    Evade Mastery emastery 3
    Burst of Swiftness burst 4
    Internal Power ipower 1
    Slippery Mind slipperymind 3
    Last edited by sentral; 08-10-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    Player of Sentral , Gnarevo, and Nightfern

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sentral View Post
    well avoiding 27% of all warding casts helps
    Knocking something out before it can get a cast off is 73% more effective than that, and you lose the ability to do that efficiently by giving up your primary martial stance. If you're relying on a 27% chance of survival every time you go out, you're going to be disappointed three quarters of the time. If slippery mind were a passive boost like evade mastery, it'd be one of the best CMANs in the game. But it's not worth giving up 24 CMAN points and Krynch stance for. Not by a long shot, especially against things like Ithzir Seers.