View Poll Results: Do you want to see more moderation on PC?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like things the way they are even if I see some things I don't like.

5 26.32%
  • More rules! Getting sick of this shit.

10 52.63%
  • I just want tag my bros.

4 21.05%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to see more moderation on PC?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    More rules is not the same as more moderation. A few core rules that are well enforced would go a long way.
    WHO WILL POLICE THE POLICE?

It's not about moderation for me. I want features. I want software that actually gets, you know, updated with security patches.

I want to be freaking notified when someone sends me a PM instead of having to refresh the page or check the inbox. I hate it when I check the PC after ignoring it for an hour, only to see that someone sent a PM 50 minutes ago and now they're gone, making me wait hours, or days for them to come back.
    Merchant Feedback here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...h-Transactions
    -- Updated list of scammers in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    WHO WILL POLICE THE POLICE?
    sweet baby yeesus!

I would like to see some moderating in regards to the fake users/posts but other than that no.

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    Holy shit, Tsk Tsk is Hello.
    How dare you.
    ~The person formally known as the player of Inurtia.

~Gelston gets no chowder. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    More rules is not the same as more moderation. Poll is misleading. A few core rules that are well enforced would go a long way.
    I don't like established rules. Honestly the only rules I would set in place is to leave the merchant folders alone, let people buy and sell in peace. The only exception of course would be an actual warning of a possible scammer and not just someone being a dick.

Other than that I would ban people who are clearly just here to be dicks in every aspect of the forum. I know the usual suspects are PB, Neveragain, Wrathbringer, and myself, but for the most part we stick to the politics/off topic folders with our bullshit. Neveragain and PB are hardly even in the GS related parts of the forum, Wrathbringer is mostly harmless with his shart and rep comments. Shit I wouldn't even ban time4fun because again she mostly just spews her bullshit in the politics folder.

I mean the downright nasty people who are all over the forum, making not a single topic safe. People such as hello, although he hasn't been as bad ever since this new safe space forum opened up.

I would prefer a mod who can be trusted to keep things in order without the need for established rules, to use common sense when someone needs to be banned. You know, someone like me.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-09-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsk Tsk View Post
    Well, I say let the people speak. A poll is a lot easier to gauge opinion than 60+ pages of back and fourth. If this is the direction folks want to move in, might as well let Kranar see for himself.
    I meant that this discussion already has a thread that you probably missed (I think I saw you came back after a long time away), and it wasn't exactly constructive. Kranar is about as hands off as he can be, and Whirlin has already said he's had trouble getting Kranar to respond and stuff.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Blog Entries

The PC doesn't need more moderation. It needs more customization. The ability to hide/squelch threads, folders, posts, reputation etc.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Would upgrading this forum to vBulletin 5 connect mobile give enough new features to make everyone happy? Just curious. I'm just trying to problem solve rather than spread everyone out.

https://www.vbulletin.com/en/features/
    ~The person formally known as the player of Inurtia.

~Gelston gets no chowder. Ever.

Blog Entries

There are only a couple of people who need to be banned, the rest more or less falls in line.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.