Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: https://forums.elanthia.online

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    One of the complaints is that the new forum is "ugly" -- Here's how to make it easier to read!

https://forums.elanthia.online/topic...he-white-theme
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

I am enjoying the irony of people being up in arms about someone posting on a forum with little to no moderation about someone posting info for another forum on here. You die by sword to be able to talk the way you want with incendiary comments but then call foul someone doing something you don't approve of. Can't have it both ways, well you can but than your a hypocrite and who isn't these days. I await justification of why this is different even though you know it isn't.

I love the PC and don't plan on leaving so don't consider me a new forum supporter but I do like noticing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    I am enjoying the irony of people being up in arms about someone posting on a forum with little to no moderation about someone posting info for another forum on here. You die by sword to be able to talk the way you want with incendiary comments but then call foul someone doing something you don't approve of. Can't have it both ways, well you can but than your a hypocrite and who isn't these days. I await justification of why this is different even though you know it isn't.

I love the PC and don't plan on leaving so don't consider me a new forum supporter but I do like noticing things.
    I just want the whiners to stop being two faced hypocrites. They all wanted a safe space so badly and got their wish yet still keep coming back here. It's pretty apparent they have no desire to "escape the trolls and haters" of the PC since they keep advertising their shitty forum on the PC itself. If they just wanted the good posters who kept their nose clean they would just be sending special invitations to those people only.

Clearly they want to replace the PC but make everyone play nice together through over bearing moderating, which is just all sorts of hilarity, especially when they spew the bullshit and say that's NOT their goal.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-10-2017 at 09:22 AM.

I am waiting on the over bearing moderation to rear it's head, but pushing that narrative early isn't necessary.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    I am waiting on the over bearing moderation to rear it's head, but pushing that narrative early isn't necessary.
    It's the threat of over bearing moderating that is keeping everyone playing nice so far. You really think if they hadn't posted that laughable TOS from the get go that people wouldn't already be at each other's throats?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-10-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's the threat of over bearing moderation that is keeping everyone playing nice so far. You really think if they hadn't posted that laughable TOS from the get go that people wouldn't already be at each other's throats?
    But is the idea of people not being at each others throats really so overbearing? Side note, a few of the features and functions over there are pretty handy once you get past the initial changeover. I know you scoff at the tagging thing, but it's pretty slick.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You really think if they hadn't posted that laughable TOS from the get go that people wouldn't already be at each other's throats?
    Yes. Because a social contract exists, and that's how people act normally. You just seem to think the world at large doesn't have a social contract because it's been revoked here and now you're scared of losing your support network to reinforce the acceptance of hate-filled rhetoric. I doubt most people have even read the TOS over there. They just seem to be talking like normal people saying normal things in normal ways. Not to single out someone, but since she's undoubtedly on the "decent people" end of the spectrum- Do you really believe that Luxelle went through that TOS and read it line by line to make sure she wasn't going to accidentally use the word faggot when she shouldn't? Of course she didn't - She's already a normal person, and didn't need a TOS to tell her to be that way.

The only people who do need a TOS to spell out how to act like a normal person is the very vocal minority here that normal people are unable to avoid without moderation. Hence, the TOS. It's not for them: it's for you. And you're not going there anyway, which I'm sure everyone is glad for, which means it's a non factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    But is the idea of people not being at each others throats really so overbearing?
    @Ososis, then why don't they just stay over there? What is the draw to keep coming back here and encouraging more of the trolls and haters to the new forum?

I'll just keep calling them a hypocrite every time I see one of them over here. That's the beauty of little to no moderating going on, I can feel free to call people out for their shitty behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Yes. Because a social contract exists, and that's how people act normally. You just seem to think the world at large doesn't have a social contract because it's been revoked here and now you're scared of losing your support network to reinforce the acceptance of hate-filled rhetoric. I doubt most people have even read the TOS over there. They just seem to be talking like normal people saying normal things in normal ways. Not to single out someone, but since she's undoubtedly on the "decent people" end of the spectrum- Do you really believe that Luxelle went through that TOS and read it line by line to make sure she wasn't going to accidentally use the word faggot when she shouldn't? Of course she didn't - She's already a normal person, and didn't need a TOS to tell her to be that way.

The only people who do need a TOS to spell out how to act like a normal person is the very vocal minority here that normal people are unable to avoid without moderation. Hence, the TOS. It's not for them: it's for you. And you're not going there anyway, which I'm sure everyone is glad for, which means it's a non factor.
    Case in point, look at this piece of shit here. Actually made a safe space of his own to escape us meanie heads yet has been here every day since he moved to the new forums.

How you doing, you piece of shit?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post

TL;DR

Define a "normal person", is that someone like you or do you have a list for everyone?

Last edited by Neveragain; 08-10-2017 at 09:53 AM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984