Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI conducted predawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Manafort’s home

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You don't think a physical barrier would help curtail people who literally just walk across the border?

Okay.
    Did the Berlin Wall stop people from crossing? Nope, and that shit was guarded by machine gun nests, mines, dogs, etc. A wall wouldn't do shit to stop illegal immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Did the Berlin Wall stop people from crossing? Nope, and that shit was guarded by machine gun nests, mines, dogs, etc. A wall wouldn't do shit to stop illegal immigration.
    Yeah a wall isn't going to stop 100% of the people, but it will reduce the number walking across the border.

The Berlin Wall was actually pretty effective at keeping people in. In the almost 30 years it was up only about 5000 people managed to escape and another 200 were killed trying to escape. That's less than 200 people a year managed to escape. I would take that deal all day long here.

Yes but now it has fallen off a cliff, it's not just a mere "steady decline." Stop downplaying the awesomeness that is Trump.
    Illegal immigration has been rising for three months.
    Sure, I gave Obama a lot of shit while he was in office, a lot of the right wingers around here did, but we were for the most part realistic about it.
    And Trump's lie about Mexico paying for the wall is such a stupid insignificant lie. I would imagine a more serious lie would be promising healthcare reform that would reduce costs with promises of keeping your doctor then it turned out you can't keep your doctor and your healthcare costs are going to go through the roof. I mean THAT would be a pretty serious lie in order to get elected, but only a monster would do something like fuck with people's healthcare.
    Healthcare reform promises, healthcare reform promises, let's see... “We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” "It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better." “lower numbers, much lower deductibles” “It’s very much formulated down to the final strokes." January of this year.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

Shut up, Latrin.

Yeah a wall isn't going to stop 100% of the people, but it will reduce the number walking across the border.

The Berlin Wall was actually pretty effective at keeping people in. In the almost 30 years it was up only about 5000 people managed to escape and another 200 were killed trying to escape. That's less than 200 people a year managed to escape. I would take that deal all day long here.
    Exactly. People are so concerned about it stopping folks from getting in that they don't realize how difficult it will be to get out once it's built! They're gonna put us in fema camps, forcing people like you and me to make eclipse fidget spinners so they can retire billionaires. Just saying, put on your tinfoil hat. Safety first around here.
    ~Player of Inurtia

No, I really don't care if he lied about Mexico paying for a wall as long as he's serious about getting the wall built.
    Okay, so which of the hundreds of blatant lies DO you care about? Can you name some times it has bothered you that Trump lied to the American people?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsk Tsk View Post
    Exactly. People are so concerned about it stopping folks from getting in that they don't realize how difficult it will be to get out once it's built! They're gonna put us in fema camps, forcing people like you and me to make eclipse fidget spinners so they can retire billionaires. Just saying, put on your tinfoil hat. Safety first around here.
    Damn right. The wall serves two purposes; keeping immigrants out and sealing Americans in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Okay, so which of the hundreds of blatant lies DO you care about? Can you name some times it has bothered you that Trump lied to the American people?
    Hmm............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .......

Nope. He's perfect.

Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    It really is hundreds.

Here's a breakdown of each.

Other fun facts (real ones):

70% of Politifact's evaluations of Trump's statements were false (or worse).

A Trump tabloid scribe
    (from his pre-politics days) also brought up how often, and pointlessly, Trump would lie to them.

Here's the NY Times
    with a list of his HUNDREDS of lies (along with fact-checking on each)

Here's Politico going over just one week's worth of lies (hint: it's a LONG article)

There really is no prescedent for how frequently, and irrationally this President lies.

And there's a group of people in this country who are letting a man who is breaking records as far as flat out lies go turn them against their own democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    It really is hundreds.

Here's a breakdown of each.
    Trump also misleadingly claimed 15 times that he lowered the cost of F-35 airplanes by $700 million...
    What absolute horseshit. This is bad even by lamestream media standards. So they are counting every time Trump told the same "lie" as a lie? So I guess going by that logic the hundreds of times Obama lied about people being able to keep their health care means that one lie alone blows Trump total "lies" out of the water.

Other fun facts (real ones):
    I love how you say real facts, as if what you just said about the lies wasn't true. Freudian slip there?

70% of Politifact's evaluations of Trump's statements were false (or worse).
    Again, dumb. If I went through your post history and only "reported" on the posts where you flat out lied then I could give you a 100% lie rate.

It's amazing how easily Democrats (NOT ALL!) allow themselves to get duped by the media these days. They are so eager to hate Trump they'll believe anything.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-10-2017 at 09:59 PM.