Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI conducted predawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Manafort’s home

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I know I accused you of being unmemorable and I'm sorry that hurt you so badly that you are attempting to make yourself more memorable now but trust me, it won't work. Next week I won't remember this interaction at all. Seriously, I don't remember you calling me an apologist. I do remember you calling me a bitch but that's only because it was like ten minutes ago.

I can't even promise to try and remember your "contributions" to the PC because I know I won't be able to keep that promise.

Sorry, man!
    I like the backhanded approach, you seem to attach a lot of value to you not knowing people, I don't get it but the only thing I knew you as was as someone who did fan art commissions. I wanna say I threw you some positive feedback way back when, but I don't really remember.

I'm sure you're big in certain circles but you really don't mean much to me either. So I'm just going to continue to judge you on the substance you bring to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Savageheart View Post
    Illegal immigration has been steadily declining since at least Obama's last term.
    Yes but now it has fallen off a cliff, it's not just a mere "steady decline." Stop downplaying the awesomeness that is Trump.

You wonder why time4fun gets so much shit around here? Because take what you just did, multiply it by a thousand, hype it up as the end of the world, and spew that bullshit all around the politics folder.

Sure, I gave Obama a lot of shit while he was in office, a lot of the right wingers around here did, but we were for the most part realistic about it.

I even defended Obama a few times and said he loves his country. Contrast that with Trump's announcement that trans would be banned from military service and with the way you hear time4fun talk about it you would think Trump made it illegal to be trans.

I don't have the actual figures or I'd be more specific but the last ones I saw suggested that immigration and deportations are both lagging behind Obama's
    Illegal immigration is way down. Deportations are down too but that's mostly because illegal immigration is also way down. A lot of the people deported under Obama were people caught at the border. Now that way fewer people are even attempting to cross illegally it means arrests/deportations are down. ICE plans to now turn their focus on deporting people already in the US since they don't need as many agents at the border.

The wall Mexico was supposed to pay for? The 1.6B that was allocated in the recent budget has not been allocated to anything at this time other than coming out of our taxes.
    I honestly don't give a shit who pays for the wall. If Trump had to lie about Mexico paying for it but he actually gets the wall started then I don't give a fuck.

It was a dumb ass publicity stunt that got away from Trump, if El Chapo can facilitate a mile long tunnel in relatively short order Im fairly certain it'll be slightly more convincing than Trump's hair as a deterrent.
    THEY MIGHT BUILD A TUNNEL UNDER THE WALL! Might as well just forego this whole idea of securing our borders.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-10-2017 at 03:32 PM.

I like the backhanded approach, you seem to attach a lot of value to you not knowing people, I don't get it but the only thing I knew you as was as someone who did fan art commissions. I wanna say I threw you some positive feedback way back when, but I don't really remember.

I'm sure you're big in certain circles but you really don't mean much to me either. So I'm just going to continue to judge you on the substance you bring to the table.
    Why do that when you can judge her on her race and gender and sexual orientation? I mean she's white ffs.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-10-2017 at 03:32 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

4. Default

I don't believe the wall provides additional security, I believe it provides a monument to stupidity. It's not cost effective or realistic it's just a big thing Trump might be able to point to as a legacy.

I do not disagree with your other points
    Last edited by Savageheart; 08-10-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Blog Entries

I do attach a lot of value to knowing people. Because otherwise you uh, don't know them. I dismiss those that are not worth knowing. Don't you as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I honestly don't give a shit who pays for the wall. If Trump had to lie about Mexico paying for it but he actually gets the wall started then I don't give a fuck.
    This is the sad truth that basically all of your arguments about Trump come down to. You just don't care that he's blatantly lying to you and everybody else.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Why do that when you can judge her on her race and gender and sexual orientation? I mean she's white ffs.
    As a straight white cis gendered male, I cannot see race or privilege. Only poor people who's healthcare I must pay for.

I don't believe the wall provides additional security, I believe it provides a monument to stupidity. It's not cost effective or realistic it's just a big thing Trump might be able to point to as a legacy.
    You don't think a physical barrier would help curtail people who literally just walk across the border?

Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    This is the sad truth that basically all of your arguments about Trump come down to. You just don't care that he's blatantly lying to you and everybody else.
    No, I really don't care if he lied about Mexico paying for a wall as long as he's serious about getting the wall built.

You want me to cry because a politician lied in order to get elected?

And Trump's lie about Mexico paying for the wall is such a stupid insignificant lie. I would imagine a more serious lie would be promising healthcare reform that would reduce costs with promises of keeping your doctor then it turned out you can't keep your doctor and your healthcare costs are going to go through the roof. I mean THAT would be a pretty serious lie in order to get elected, but only a monster would do something like fuck with people's healthcare.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-10-2017 at 03:41 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I do attach a lot of value to knowing people. Because otherwise you uh, don't know them. I dismiss those that are not worth knowing. Don't you as well?
    It's the internet, I don't know any of you. It doesn't mean your opinions and thoughts don't have positive or negative value. It doesn't even mean some of us don't converse often.

I've met a few GS players in my life and one of them is a friend albeit somewhat estranged, but the rest of you are essentially all in the same amorphous blob of humanity.