Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI conducted predawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Manafort’s home

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default FBI conducted predawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Manafort’s home

WaPo reporting today that on July 26th, the FBI raided Manafort's home and took documents believed to be related to various investigations into his activity:

FBI agents raided the Alexandria home of President Trump’s former campaign chairman late last month, using a search warrant to seize documents and other materials, according to people familiar with the special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

The search warrant was wide-ranging and FBI agents working with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III departed the home with various records.

The raid came as Manafort has been voluntarily producing documents to congressional committees investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election. The search warrant indicates investigators may have argued to a federal judge they had reason to believe Manafort could not be trusted to turn over all records in response to a grand jury subpoena.

It could also have been intended to send a message to President Trump’s former campaign chairman that he should not expect gentle treatment or legal courtesies from Mueller’s team.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    I don't think that's an appropriate place for this post

I was just saying to myself how relatively peaceful the forums have been the past 36 hours or so, and here comes time4fun who we haven't seen much of during that time.

Funny how she so desperately wanted her own safe space to get away from all of the assholes yet the problem seemed to magically go away as soon as she did. Perhaps it's time to invest in a mirror, time4fun.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-09-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I was just saying to myself how relatively peaceful the forums have been the past 36 hours or so, and here comes time4fun who we haven't seen much of during that time.

Funny how she so desperately wanted her own safe space to get away from all of the assholes yet the problem seemed to magically go away as soon as she did. Perhaps it's time to invest in a mirror, time4fun.
    Weird how upset information makes you. There was no editorial commentary in that post. You might even think of it as a rhetorical mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Weird how upset information makes you. There was no editorial commentary in that post. You might even think of it as a rhetorical mirror.
    Hahaha! Funny 'cause it's true...

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Lol @your rep

Blog Entries

I hope if he did some illegal stuff, he is brought to justice.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I hope if he did some illegal stuff, he is brought to justice.
    He already did some illegal stuff related to failure to register as a foreign agent when he was acting as one for geopolitical enemies of the US. There's also a lot of evidence for money laundering (as in- it's all but assured he was engaged in money laundering).

But honestly- they're not going after him to bring him to justice for those things. They're going after him because they're banking on him knowing a lot about more important people and things.
    I'd guess he's going to get a deal and then end up extradited to Cyprus.

That was two weeks ago. Nobody noticed at the time because it happened very shortly before Trump tweeted that he had spoken to his generals and developed a new policy banning transgenders from the military -- something the military acted surprised about and, thus far, has declined to enforce.