Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google fires employee over diversity memo

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Holy shit, a post of Ashliana's I actually agree with, even if it was filled with italics and bold words. You should post more of this shit and less derp shit.
    If you weren't so concerned with selling the fiction that "all is well" in Trump land, and coming up with reasons why huge bombshells (that would've had you outraged if done by a democrat) somehow don't matter now, we'd have more time to talk about the left's problems with groupthink and public shaming.

If the left rejects social science data and works to achieve a false gender or racial parity in a private company, they've made a few potentially unwise hiring decisions. If the right continues to reject the entire science of climatology, millions, if not billions, of people will be affected. The two don't even begin to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    If you weren't so concerned with selling the fiction that "all is well" in Trump land, and coming up with reasons why huge bombshells (that would've had you outraged if done by a democrat) somehow don't matter now, we'd have more time to talk about the left's problems with groupthink and public shaming.

If the left rejects social science data and works to achieve a false gender or racial parity in a private company, they've made a few potentially unwise hiring decisions. If the right continues to reject the entire science of climatology, millions, if not billions, of people will be affected. The two don't even begin to compare.
    Well that didn't last long.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-09-2017 at 10:34 AM.

You're retarded. Lol @your rep

Well that didn't last long.
    The Atlantic did a good job covering the failure of journalists on this topic, here. I'd also make the argument the media routinely covers topics related to social justice badly, across the ideological divide, ranging from Black Lives Matter to Tumblr to Gamergate, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer
    You're retarded. Lol @your rep
    There's a clear reason you basically never actually engage in discussion. You're a basketcase with absolutely nothing to express besides impotent rage at the world.

Seek psychiatric care.
    Last edited by Ashliana; 08-09-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Blog Entries

The Atlantic did a good job covering the failure of journalists on this topic, here. I'd also make the argument the media routinely covers topics related to social justice badly, across the ideological divide, ranging from Black Lives Matter to Tumblr to Gamergate, etc.

There's a clear reason you basically never actually engage in discussion. You're a basketcase with absolutely nothing to express besides impotent rage at the world.

Seek psychiatric care.
    Or maybe you aren't worth more than the time he takes to type lol @ your rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Or maybe you aren't worth more than the time he takes to type lol @ your rep.
    That's one hypothesis. One that's immediately undercut by a little thing called "his posting history."

7. Default

Holy shit, a post of Ashliana's I actually agree with, even if it was filled with italics and bold words. You should post more of this shit and less derp shit.
    I was surprised too.

8. Default

Seems like he filed a complaint with the National Labor Relations Board before being terminated and thus may actually have a chance at winning his case.

https://www.wired.com/story/google-m...-a-legal-case/

But he wasn't fired for filing a charge, he was fired for circulating a memo.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    But he wasn't fired for filing a charge, he was fired for circulating a memo.
    Did you read the article?