Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official: Magic Item Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I tried some Sorc wands with this change and now I see what all the complaining was about during the Wiz/ele lore review. The difference in hunting power between Sorcerors and Wizards is bloody insane.
    Wizards have been reduced to pecking things to death with bolts and it's pretty underwhelming.

WTB self knowledge 240 to go with my 317 wands and spirit lore.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Wizards have been reduced to pecking things to death with bolts and it's pretty underwhelming.

WTB self knowledge 240 to go with my 317 wands and spirit lore.
    Probably doesn't work as well at higher trains, but I can 1-shot most pures and semis using 917 on my wizard now, with 1x in WIZ spell ranks. It's very nice. My level 38 wizard was killing level 42-44 Shan in a single cast of 917, often on the first damage cycle. Though, I admit it isn't as fast as 719 - but 719 often requires multiple casts.
    Last edited by Maerit; 08-10-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Probably doesn't work as well at higher trains, but I can 1-shot most pures and semis using 917 on my wizard now, with 1x in WIZ spell ranks. It's very nice. My level 38 wizard was killing level 42-44 Shan in a single cast of 917, often on the first damage cycle. Though, I admit it isn't as fast as 719 - but 719 often requires multiple casts.
    917 is usually great vs squishy stuff. And only squishy stuff. It's a fun spell overall but a DoT spell isn't the solution to wizard problems.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

4. Default

Does the MIU based cs include 3x level as a base from which the MIU training is added? I assume so.

Does the bonus from stats contribute to the MIU-based CS for magic items? What about the bonus from 425?
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Does the MIU based cs include 3x level as a base from which the MIU training is added? I assume so.

Does the bonus from stats contribute to the MIU-based CS for magic items? What about the bonus from 425?
    No it's a watered down gimmick and I don't see anyone being able to use anything about this to hunt like level stuff.

I think my sorcerer CS with an orb was like 480 something when I tested it yesterday, which will ward almost nothing like level.

I also wouldn't be surprised if dev considers this the ultimate wizard fix because they continue to be clueless.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-11-2017 at 09:42 PM.

6. Default

Level 100 with 200 miu ranks would be 75+50 = 125 before orb, for 185 with an orb. So yea, if you tested and saw a cs of 480 and thought nothing else was being added, you need to go back to retard school no offense
    Last edited by gilchristr; 08-11-2017 at 10:13 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Level 100 with 200 miu ranks would be 75+50 = 125 before orb, for 185 with an orb. So yea, if you tested and saw a cs of 480 and thought nothing else was being added, you need to go back to retard school no offense
    I'm 3x spells with an orb up and 202 AS/MIU. My MjE CS is 544. CS with a twisted wand was under 500.

What are these mysterious invisible CS numbers that are being added?

And who would go to a school that teaches you how to be a retard?!!?!?!?!,!,'xmdm

You dont get the additional 50 from an orb when you are running 425. The only players that get +50 from an orb are those without 425. For folks already running 425, the orb will be +10 CS, as it always has been.

With the numbers you mentioned Methias, you could probably use 703 wands due to the TD pushdown the spell comes with, and maybe 720 wands because it's a maneuver based spell. 709 would be useful, but without the necro lore you'll get a small number of limbs and it wouldn't last very long.
    Last edited by Maerit; 08-11-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    You dont get the additional 50 from an orb when you are running 425. The only players that get +50 from an orb are those without 425. For folks already running 425, the orb will be +10 CS, as it always has been.

With the numbers you mentioned Methias, you could probably use 703 wands due to the TD pushdown the spell comes with, and maybe 720 wands because it's a maneuver based spell. 709 would be useful, but without the necro lore you'll get a small number of limbs and it wouldn't last very long.
    Probably so, but all that is probably way more hassle than it's worth just for some novelty. Just tested it again to make sure it wasn't just me being tired last night and without an orb my sorc CS is 425 and with an orb up it's 485. Which is garbage for hunting at cap. It will ward most things, but you'll still be pecking stuff to death because the warding margin is still going to be shit. Just another watered down buff that doesn't have any real use outside of novelty.

you need to go back to retard school no offense
    You were saying?
    Last edited by Methais; 08-11-2017 at 11:48 PM.