Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [Transgender] Ben Shapiro is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    College today is where people go to get dumb(er) while being told they're smart and better than everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Methais
    now because they bought a piece of paper for tens of thousands of dollars that they really only had to show up now and then to "earn" in the first place
    That depends on the school, and more importantly, the program. You're painting far too simple a picture. No, someone doesn't necessarily need a degree to be intelligent, capable or informed, though they're still useful to screen people out who don't have the tenacity to finish a degree, and some programs are extremely difficult.

half of which what said piece of paper claims they have learned has no actual use in the real world.
    This is also a reductionist view. Universities aren't trade schools -- an undergraduate program's purpose isn't to teach a student how to do a job. It's to teach people how to think critically, to awaken their intellectual curiosity and to educate them on the basics of a specific field.

You get out of education what you put into it. Are you there for a piece of paper that gives you access to middle/upper class jobs? That's all you're going to get. Are you there to grow as a person? Then there's enormous potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post

That depends on the school, and more importantly, the program. You're painting far too simple a picture. No, someone doesn't necessarily need a degree to be intelligent, capable or informed, though they're still useful to screen people out who don't have the tenacity to finish a degree, and some programs are extremely difficult.

This is also a reductionist view. Universities aren't trade schools -- an undergraduate program's purpose isn't to teach a student how to do a job. It's to teach people how to think critically, to awaken their intellectual curiosity and to educate them on the basics of a specific field.

You get out of education what you put into it. Are you there for a piece of paper that gives you access to middle/upper class jobs? That's all you're going to get. Are you there to grow as a person? Then there's enormous potential.
    Lol@your rep

Oh, so college is for people to get in touch with their feelings. Everything makes more sense now.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Oh, so college is for people to get in touch with their feelings. Everything makes more sense now.
    That's what I get, I suppose, for giving you a serious reply.

That's what I get, I suppose, for giving you a serious reply.
    I mean that's kind of what your reply said. I assumed you threw "critical thinking" in there for lulz because that hasn't been a thing in most colleges for a long time. Unless critical thinking's definition got changed to "far left echo chamber" in most universities and I missed the memo.

I also don't think it applies to all degrees and colleges. There are still some that actually do put teaching and thinking ahead of indoctrination.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I could have just left majority out in the last one, nothing in this world is 100%. I just didn't want you to nitpick and come back with "heres 1 conservative, blah, blah, blah". My thought hasn't changed from the start. An article either stands or dies on the merit of the article. Your rationale for dismissing it is terrible. You've really become a condescending cunt lately. I think I'll just not respond to you anymore.
    The only thing I can't teach through is pride. You make your own bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    If gender is to be based on behavior rather than biology
    This is not at all what the current (empirical, scientific) definition of gender is.
    Jesus dude ask your parents to let you go outside the fallout shelter even if it's just for 10 minutes.
    Methais is literally threatening me with literal death wellington. WHERE ARE THE MODS!!!!
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    This is not at all what the current (empirical, scientific) definition of gender is.
    Ooookay. Have fun out there on Mars or where ever it is you call home.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Bitch, Mars is mine. We only have male and female here.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    You should visit sometime. It's really nice out here in the real world. The first thing you notice is how hilariously skewed this forum is, and it's a deeply reassuring thing.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    You should visit sometime. It's really nice out here in the real world. The first thing you notice is how hilariously skewed this forum is, and it's a deeply reassuring thing.
    You live in the NE, stfu.