Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [Transgender] Ben Shapiro is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Wasn't what we were talking about...
    We were talking about whether the left controlled the education system.
    The left supports transgender people being allowed to use the correct bathroom.
    For a year in this century, as you requested, students in North Carolina couldn't.
    Ergo, the left does not control the education system.

I gave you exactly what you asked for.
    You still aren't convinced.
    Because the reasons you state have nothing whatsoever to do with your posts.
    You're bored, and you're looking for an argument.
    Just be honest with yourself. Like I said to crash, I promise you'll be happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    Fortunately, I tagged this thread when I made it. [Transgender]. Discussion of transgender fighters falls into this category just as much as anything else that has been discussed.
    Okay. As demonstrated, your gotcha moment failed by about four years. Would you like to address how you disagreed with the source you cited, or how you disagreed with the definition you personally made up, or how neither you nor anyone else in this thread has been able to produce a definition for gender that rules out transgenderism without immediately contradicting itself?

Or do you wanna say 'huhuhu latrin thinks guys should punch girls!!!" again, four years after I already addressed that inane point?
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    We were talking about whether the left controlled the education system.
    The left supports transgender people being allowed to use the correct bathroom.
    For a year in this century, as you requested, students in North Carolina couldn't.
    Ergo, the left does not control the education system.

I gave you exactly what you asked for.
    You still aren't convinced.
    Because the reasons you state have nothing whatsoever to do with your posts.
    You're bored, and you're looking for an argument.
    Just be honest with yourself. Like I said to crash, I promise you'll be happier.Okay. As demonstrated, your gotcha moment failed by about four years. Would you like to address how you disagreed with the source you cited, or how you disagreed with the definition you personally made up, or how neither you nor anyone else in this thread has been able to produce a definition for gender that rules out transgenderism without immediately contradicting itself?

Or do you wanna say 'huhuhu latrin thinks guys should punch girls!!!" again, four years after I already addressed that inane point?
    No, you didn't. You gave me 1 specific instance in one state at the public school level. Even after I said I was talking about colleges. You have done nothing to show that the left doesn't control the education system. I have given you an article showing how it does and how it is detrimental to the students.

Perhaps you should admit to yourself that can be, and are, wrong.

The left controls the college education system on the majority of campuses.

No, you didn't. You gave me 1 specific instance in one state at the public school level. Even after I said I was talking about colleges.
    There are 15 public colleges in North Carolina. Fifteen, you understand this number?
    You have done nothing to show that the left doesn't control the education system. I have given you an article showing how it does and how it is detrimental to the students.
    You gave me a blog that quoted conservative professors as saying too many liberal professors are bad. If you really find that compelling I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree.
    "[Leftists] control the education system."
    "I am talking about college."
    "the college education system on the majority of campuses."

Keep walking your claim back. Eventually you'll get to the truth. That's how education works!
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

There are 15 public colleges in North Carolina. Fifteen, you understand this number?You gave me a blog that quoted conservative professors as saying too many liberal professors are bad. If you really find that compelling I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree."[Leftists] control the education system."
    "I am talking about college."
    "the college education system on the majority of campuses."

Keep walking your claim back. Eventually you'll get to the truth. That's how education works!
    I could have just left majority out in the last one, nothing in this world is 100%. I just didn't want you to nitpick and come back with "heres 1 conservative, blah, blah, blah". My thought hasn't changed from the start.

An article either stands or dies on the merit of the article. Your rationale for dismissing it is terrible.

You've really become a condescending cunt lately. I think I'll just not respond to you anymore.
    Last edited by drauz; 08-16-2017 at 12:01 AM.

As demonstrated, your gotcha moment failed by about four years.
    Yeah, sorry. I don't read every single thread posted here. In truth, the number of threads I do read is very limited. The whole men-competing-against-women thing did come up here, though, so I was curious how you felt about it.

Would you like to address how you disagreed with the source you cited, or how you disagreed with the definition you personally made up, or how neither you nor anyone else in this thread has been able to produce a definition for gender that rules out transgenderism without immediately contradicting itself?
    I don't disagree with the fact that there are people who wish to use the term as described. I don't disagree that there are people who believe they've been abducted by aliens, either, but I don't believe them. Similarly, I don't agree with this new usage of gender.

If gender is to be based on behavior rather than biology, what exactly determines which behaviors belong to which gender? Fighting would traditionally be considered a masculine behavior, would it not? Yet here we are with women's MMA and boxing. I think it's safe to say that football was always considered a "man's sport", yet a women's league exists. We're not about to say that the gender of the women participating in those events is male, are we? There are male nurses. I think we could classify nursing as a feminine behavior or job. Hell, some men even stay at home and raise their children which has traditionally been a feminine behavior. Do they check the box for male when asked for their sex and female under gender (of which, I have yet to see a form asking for both. Not that they don't exist somewhere, but you know... new things)?

Is there a certain number or percentage of behavioral traits that need to apply before one can be considered something other than their typical, biological gender? It's fuckin ridiculous.

I don't think it's funny at all. Men shouldn't be fighting women regardless of what goes on inside their heads or what activities they participate in. You can call it inane if you want, but you aren't a woman being asked to fight that guy. Seems to me that most of them aren't exactly thrilled about it.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Fuck that pony!

Metaphorically, of course.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Parents are not their childrens' designers - parents cannot turn one hair on their child's head black or white. Whoever designed the human race manifestly did intend for some humans to have 12 fingers, because some are in fact born that way.They are not the exact same thing. No two things are the exact same thing. What they are is comparable in the following way: both are people who cannot impregnate someone. If that is the definition of male,
    then neither are male. If that is not the definition of male, then it can't be used to say transgender or children or anyone else who can't impregnate someone aren't male.I rarely comment on irrelevant red herrings, it's true. You may be totally oblivious to the pattern of SJWs winning every fight they pick throughout all of recorded history, but you picked up on one of my patterns. Baby steps, subby!
    Jesus dude ask your parents to let you go outside the fallout shelter even if it's just for 10 minutes.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I wouldn't disagree with this statement, but on the other hand, I wouldn't solely blame the left for that being the current state of affairs. If the right hadn't spent the last 30 years trying to ignore, bury or outright delegitimize science because climatology is inconvenient to big businesses, or hadn't spent those decades demonizing upper education as "snooty coastal elitism," perhaps young conservatives would be interested in becoming professors.

Now, it's incredibly entrenched. There are a few fields which are still centrist or apolitical (economics, law, math, most of the hard sciences), but there's encroachment even there in spots. The social sciences are a totally lost cause - I'm not sure what the answer is, especially in an age where tenure is increasingly rare. Thankfully, I'm all set with school.
    Last edited by Ashliana; 08-16-2017 at 11:35 AM.

College today is where people go to get dumb(er) while being told they're smart and better than everyone else now because they bought a piece of paper for tens of thousands of dollars that they really only had to show up now and then to "earn" in the first place, half of which what said piece of paper claims they have learned has no actual use in the real world.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-16-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible