Page 55 of 111 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

Blog Entries

I KEEP GETTING NOTIFICATIONS EVERY TIME TGO POSTS BECAUSE HE IS TAGGING ME IN HIS SIG

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    My, I'm popular today. Thread created about me, faux accounts about me, people signing rep as me.
    It's the avatar. You only have yourself to blame.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Oh come on, there is no escaping trolls/haters/negative comments anywhere unless you want to be in an echo chamber which honestly I think is more dangerous. Yeah, it sucks to have annoying posters but it's not the end of the world. We know who we don't like and we can choose to ignore them if we want. I've seen a lot of good on PC over the years, not just the bad.
    ~Player of Inurtia

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    It's the avatar. You only have yourself to blame.
    Gelston's avatar tricks the hell out of me every time I think its you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsk Tsk View Post
    Oh come on, there is no escaping trolls/haters/negative comments anywhere unless you want to be in an echo chamber which honestly I think is more dangerous. Yeah, it sucks to have annoying posters but it's not the end of the world. We know who we don't like and we can choose to ignore them if we want. I've seen a lot of good on PC over the years, not just the bad.
    You can't read this because you ignored me. HaHAHA and your sister is hot.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    HaHAHA and your sister is hot.
    Sexual harassment now eh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Gelston's avatar tricks the hell out of me every time I think its you.
    It tricks me too. I always think for a second that I must have been posting in my sleep or something.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    You can't read this because you ignored me. HaHAHA and your sister is hot.
    I don't know who you are other than you keep complaining about this forum but keep posting here. Sorry you haven't pissed me off enough for me to ignore you, YET. That avatar gif though does you no favors.
    ~Player of Inurtia

Yah verbal abuse of GMs should not stand. Having tons of rules or over-moderation is not the answer either. But I'm not sure people realize or appreciate how cool it is to have game designers joining a community of players to get input and share dev processes and how the game works etc. That's quite rare in the game world. It's not a matter of "Wyrom doing this, not doing that, taking his ball here or there" It's about showing respect.

Hey, people like to argue and talk shit and push and shove each other around a little bit. But then there is taking it too far and just being continually rude, demeaning, disrespectful etc. That will push GM participation in the player community away, and that doesnt benefit any of us. All the arguing that is done here (even in this thread) as pointed out by Wyrom is just wasting his time. My guess is it wont be long before he just stops trying to reach out to us.

And that my friends is why a forum about a specific game needs some level of moderation. If you want a free-for-all mudslinging fest go to 4chan. If you want a place to talk about the game you love and have meaningful dialogue with the game's dev staff you need to have some rules that are enforced. You simply can't have both. Well you can try, but eventually it will fail.

I think another issue with the PC community is there are two PC users: people who play GS4 and care about it. And people who no longer play, but still like to talk politics and rant and rave about stuff with their old GS buddies. Both are valid groups, but they are conflicting.

And I'm really on the verge of throwing a 3rd forum into this dust-up...

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Yah verbal abuse of GMs should not stand. Having tons of rules or over-moderation is not the answer either. But I'm not sure people realize or appreciate how cool it is to have game designers joining a community of players to get input and share dev processes and how the game works etc. That's quite rare in the game world. It's not a matter of "Wyrom doing this, not doing that, taking his ball here or there" It's about showing respect.

Hey, people like to argue and talk shit and push and shove each other around a little bit. But then there is taking it too far and just being continually rude, demeaning, disrespectful etc. That will push GM participation in the player community away, and that doesnt benefit any of us. All the arguing that is done here (even in this thread) as pointed out by Wyrom is just wasting his time. My guess is it wont be long before he just stops trying to reach out to us.

And that my friends is why a forum about a specific game needs some level of moderation. If you want a free-for-all mudslinging fest go to 4chan. If you want a place to talk about the game you love and have meaningful dialogue with the game's dev staff you need to have some rules that are enforced. You simply can't have both. Well you can try, but eventually it will fail.

I think another issue with the PC community is there are two PC users: people who play GS4 and care about it. And people who no longer play, but still like to talk politics and rant and rave about stuff with their old GS buddies. Both are valid groups, but they are conflicting.

And I'm really on the verge of throwing a 3rd forum into this dust-up...

Which camp do I belong in?