Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    At least here people had the ability to tell him when they do stupid shit without getting moderated. Not that he ever listened or did anything but be defensive on a good day and dismissive on a...well, on most of the days.
    Well he can not listen or do anything over there. The cool part of the PC was that you could say what you really wanted to say without the officials shutting you up.

Blog Entries

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Um, isn't having time4fun over there a good thing? One less annoying idiot to worry about.
    I just mean the irony that she was oh so worried about what would happen to the PC then first chance she gets she moves over there anyways, even after she got her wish of me bowing out of being a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    At least here people had the ability to tell him when they do stupid shit without getting moderated. Not that he ever listened or did anything but be defensive on a good day and dismissive on a...well, on most of the days.
    I mean seriously. From what I've seen people have been mostly pleasant to Wyrom over here. Sure people have sometimes said something to him they couldn't say on the officials, but those have been in the vast minority of responses to his posts. Shit, I had like a 100 page thread dedicated to me because -I- was being harassed on LNet, then that harassment carried over to the PC, and you don't see me crying and demanding a safe space for my fee fees.

Fuck's sake.

Do you need a safe space from safe spaces?
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

It's strange watching the worst people in PC sit around and talk about how terribe other people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheisia View Post
    It's strange watching the worst people in PC sit around and talk about how terribe other people are.
    Why aren't you resting comfortably over at your new space?

Hey, the only person I've talked about is Wyrom! And I don't know if he's a terrible person, just that he's...you know...defensive, dismissive, and often terribly unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I just mean the irony that she was oh so worried about what would happen to the PC then first chance she gets she moves over there anyways, even after she got her wish of me bowing out of being a mod.

I mean seriously. From what I've seen people have been mostly pleasant to Wyrom over here. Sure people have sometimes said something to him they couldn't say on the officials, but those have been in the vast minority of responses to his posts. Shit, I had like a 100 page thread dedicated to me because -I- was being harassed on LNet, then that harassment carried over to the PC, and you don't see me crying and demanding a safe space for my fee fees.

Fuck's sake.
    Wyrom can't control this forum. That's the "problem."

Here's a post of his:

Someone pointed something out to me that I want to make sure is clear. The officials (forums.play.net) are still the main communication outlet for GemStone IV. I’m moving away from the Players’ Corner. We tried it out, but I need a little more structure. These forums offer that.

There are a few places I’d like to support where myself and other GameMasters can communication with our players. Here. The GemStone IV Slack channel. And some Discord servers. It will be slow, but updating how we communicate will only benefit the game. Improving our staff culture is important.
    Structure = control

Why are you creating such a hostile forum environment by saying "worst people"?

Blog Entries

Those forums have a terrible layout. I think they might even be worse than the officials, and that's saying something.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.