Page 20 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I was wondering why this was in their code of conduct, I seriously pictured some sort of far left/feminist site using this as their rules.

It also explains this bit:

That's typical naming and shamming behavior of far leftist websites. Bravo for that one, guys! You are officially taking your queues from hate groups that engage in doxing and publicly shaming behavior! Oh but the PC is so horrible and bad!
    lol

QQ

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    lol

QQ
    Careful you don't say this on the new forums! You'll be doxed and publicly shamed!

Careful you don't say this on the new forums! You'll be doxed and publicly shamed!
    QQ

QQ
    HELP! HELP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!

5. Default

I won't be transitioning to the new Orwellian forum.

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!
    Cry more, Dreaven.

God, you're such a pussy.

Cry more, Dreaven.

THIS IS SO UNFAIR! IMMA START MY OWN FORUM! WITH BLACKJACK! AND LOTS OF RULES! YOU KNOW WHAT? FORGET THE BLACKJACK!

THIS IS SO UNFAIR! IMMA START MY OWN FORUM! WITH BLACKJACK! AND LOTS OF RULES! YOU KNOW WHAT? FORGET THE BLACKJACK!
    :'(

Cry more, Dreaven.

Hey, he's transgender, give him a break.

You're right because I actually care about this community and it's shitty that Wyrom is complicit in trying to destroy it and our only mod is helping to destroy it too.
    I'm genuinely hoping I can comment here without igniting another branch of the neverending flame wars(tm).

The PC is, as you yourself have stated (and I'm paraphrasing), a mostly lawless environment. We have an inattentive admin, and a single mod with very limited powers/authority. The forum is, to varying degrees based on your personal viewpoint, a cesspool. Personal attacks are rampant, many people appear to find it hilarious to fling personal or offensive attacks around, and there's a glut of admitted trolls clogging things up. You, yourself, appear to actively (and occasionally gleefully) despise some of the other regular posters here, and enjoy engaging in long-running feuds with them where insults are hurled back and forth ad nauseum. The interface is flawed, as the option to ignore the area where most of that sort of behavior goes on is not offered, despite a fairly large call for it (including from said mod).

Given all those things, I can certainly see Wyrom not wanting to post here, as his presence would draw eyes to this forum by association if nothing else. And to a new (or young) player, this forum would present almost exactly the wrong image for GS as a whole. Therefore, it only makes sense that he'd be willing to pursue his stated goals of being more accessible in an arena that doesn't shine a negative light on the product he's in charge of maintaining/growing. I feel it's disingenuous to portray him as being 'complicit in trying to destroy it'.

The PC has its place, and its fans. Clearly you are one of them. It will continue on, as it has for many years, but it will do so without Wyrom's presence. Luckily, it survived and thrived for a great many years without any official presence (thus: "The unofficials").
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar