Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I don't really see what the big deal is. The safe space forums will eventually become just like the officials and people will get tired of all the moderation and either quit forums altogether or end up back here.
    I don't get it either. Who cares? Let'em play bubble-boy over there if they want.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I don't get it either. Who cares? Let'em play bubble-boy over there if they want.

Agreed. They already have insane stalker ass Alastir. Shit will implode in a week.
    So here's the thing. I have nothing against Alastir but his previous bout with Moderation proved to be extremely heavy handed. It didn't work partly because people were so diligent to keep tabs on him. For their own amusement. Now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I wish him all the luck in the world but again, his moderation needs work.

Do I believe the place will implode? No. It's proven to be a decent place for information. Do I believe that eventually that place will become a place that is near empty? Yes. It'll be a catalog of information, surely. But that's all it will amount to.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Whatever.

I see this scenario going two ways.

1) The new forums fails.

2) The new forum succeeds and it takes shit posters in and quickly cannibalizes anyone with different viewpoints till it quickly becomes an echo chamber.

Either way, the PC survives. This literally means nothing and has an effect on nothing.
    Pretty much. I guess risking tearing this community apart is worth having more control over what people post.

Whatever.

I see this scenario going two ways.

1) The new forums fails.

2) The new forum succeeds and it takes shit posters in and quickly cannibalizes anyone with different viewpoints till it quickly becomes an echo chamber.

Either way, the PC survives. This literally means nothing and has an effect on nothing.
    What I find interesting about this whole thing, this time (as opposed to the other failed forum attempts), is since Wyrom can't fix his own stupid forum he decides to get political and involved with it. Rather than actually dealing with player's feedback he is now advocating for a forum that will essentially shut that up.

And then on top of it, we have a supermod also playing politics now too. Despite the douchebag moves this IS entertaining. Gemstone IV needs more drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Pretty much. I guess risking tearing this community apart is worth having more control over what people post.
    That's an exaggeration. There's no real proof that Alastir was tearing the community apart. His moderation was heavy handed and a bit personal, that's all. Literally. That's all. And again, everyone dog-piled him into submission and nothing was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    That's the definition of a safe space.
    That's incorrect. A safe space is someplace you go when you feel threatened by the opinions of others. Candor didn't say anything about feeling "threatened" by others. His reasons were "immature idiots" and that they're "crap gets old". I haven't yet joined or posted on the new forums. I'm not triggered or emotionally offended by anything posted on these forums. I just dislike the fact that for a forum that's meant to be an alternative to the GS officials, 90% of what's posted here on these forums is non-GS related.

8. Default

So here's the thing. I have nothing against Alastir but his previous bout with Moderation proved to be extremely heavy handed. It didn't work partly because people were so diligent to keep tabs on him. For their own amusement. Now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I wish him all the luck in the world but again, his moderation needs work.

Do I believe the place will implode? No. It's proven to be a decent place for information. Do I believe that eventually that place will become a place that is near empty? Yes. It'll be a catalog of information, surely. But that's all it will amount to.
    You should probably read this Introduction post where it talks about the forum leadership.

https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/37/introduction

I'm not a moderator or part of the forum leadership.
    Merchant Feedback here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...h-Transactions
    -- Updated list of scammers in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Listen... people love looking at train wrecks and car accidents. Howard Stern said that people that hate him listen longer on average than people that like him and his show. That shit over there will get really dull, really fast. They'll be back. It's in our nature.

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    You should probably read this Introduction post where it talks about the forum leadership.

https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/37/introduction

I'm not a moderator or part of the forum leadership.
    So why was the conclusion that you are involved drawn? Help me, explain.
    Last edited by Astray; 08-08-2017 at 01:08 AM.