Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1108

Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

Blog Entries

Also, there isn't a deletion log? I mean, I've never fucked with vBulletin or whatever it is you run the ones there on, but the ones GuildLaunch and shit have detailed logs on everything that is deleted and who deleted it. Forums aren't even the number one concern of those sites and they have that.

Blog Entries

The jockeying for power over on the official unofficial forums is entertaining to watch. Why are they even using labels, I thought labels were bad?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    If only certain people can delete a group (like the person who created it or mods) then we're left with believing that PB himself deleted the group because he couldn't bear the thought of Vishra or Alastir being in his group
    You'd think the group creator would also have some control over removing people from the group, so he could have (should have) been able to just remove them. Buuut, if anyone can join at will... something is broken or just odd about that implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Also, there isn't a deletion log? I mean, I've never fucked with vBulletin or whatever it is you run the ones there on, but the ones GuildLaunch and shit have detailed logs on everything that is deleted and who deleted it. Forums aren't even the number one concern of those sites and they have that.
    You'd think for a supposed newer, improved forum software they'd have included something like that, wouldn't ya?
    Last edited by subzero; 08-28-2017 at 08:46 PM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    That'd be a pretty retarded design if anyone could delete the group.
    Well, they have it so if you start a thread, you can delete the thread and all the posts after it... so this isn't that much of a stretch.

I feel like I'm assisting the mods make the rules of the new forums.

They should make me a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Well, they have it so if you start a thread, you can delete the thread and all the posts after it... so this isn't that much of a stretch.
    lol

That's such horrible design. The WoW forums used to do this and people would constantly make entire hundred+ pages of discussion disappear with a couple of mouse clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    lol

That's such horrible design. The WoW forums used to do this and people would constantly make entire hundred+ pages of discussion disappear with a couple of mouse clicks.
    I brought this up.. it was shot down.

I was told it's not a problem over there.

We'll see...

7. Default

I was able to join the group without an invitation. Only the creator and/or admin can delete a group as far as I know.

I don't think PB cared that I was part of his group!! Vishra.... maybe.
    Merchant Feedback here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...h-Transactions
    -- Updated list of scammers in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I brought this up.. it was shot down.

I was told it's not a problem over there.

We'll see...
    They probably designed it like that on purpose so if someone creates a thread and subsequently gets their feelings hurt they have the option to make the entire thread disappear, meanie posts and all. Sounds like something a safe space would do.

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    I was able to join the group without an invitation. Only the creator and/or admin can delete a group as far as I know.

Yea, I saw you in the group.. didn't care. I just assumed someone invited you... didn't know you could join groups without an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post

So we're left with PB was so triggered by Vishra's presence in his group that he deleted the entire group to spite her, or the group name was mass triggering people on the forum so a mod deleted it.