Page 43 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

While I'm a big fan of speculation and conspiracy theories, I can chime in to what's all happening here.

I asked a few times for some specific features over here. This place exists, why not make the communication a bit more effective? I was never answered. I was approached several weeks ago about the possibility of a new forum that would have a lot of the features I was hoping we could get added here. Ondreian, Tysong, and Whirlin all opened a discussion with me, and I really liked what they were proposing. This was something they were doing with or without me.

I've been working on branching out our communication to other areas for awhile. Modernizing our approach is very important. It took a lot of convincing to be able to come here. Unfortunately, through trial and error, I still can't get other staff here. My GameMasters don't all have thick enough skin to tolerate some of the abuse. It was never the plan for it to just be me that came here. I am, however, here on my own time.

I much rather spend my time where there is an active admin willing to make some adjustments to make the communication better. I also would prefer to be somewhere where active trolling and extremely tasteless posting isn't so rampant. I'm far too busy for that. Again, my free time, I'll choose where to go with it.

No one is asking any of you to abandon the PC. You guys survived a long time with no GameMaster or Simutronics involvement. Many of you made it clear that I'll never be welcome here. You'll be fine without me.

Ciao!

Blog Entries

Honestly it does feel a little on the CNN doxing a private citizen for meme's side of things, not to say this is doxing, it's just strangely weird that a company would go this rout. Not the best of images to be using an outside source, not to mention that source being a part of the customer base, as a way to communicate with your customers. I can't imagine reworking the forums said company already has can be that huge of an undertaking, they are sub-contracting coders, right?

It had to have been known that throwing their support behind a new 3rd party sight would cause unnecessary conflict between their customer base. I personally doubt that it's any coincidence this all comes about after a week of liquor and whores at Simucon while the rest of the customer base is away from the cigar smoke filled back rooms.

At the very least the roll-out of this was handled terribly and only goes further to put into question the integrity of Simutronics. This personal of a relationship with a small group of customers being displayed in the public eye just doesn't look good.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 08-09-2017 at 12:55 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    While I'm a big fan of speculation and conspiracy theories, I can chime in to what's all happening here.

I asked a few times for some specific features over here. This place exists, why not make the communication a bit more effective? I was never answered. I was approached several weeks ago about the possibility of a new forum that would have a lot of the features I was hoping we could get added here. Ondreian, Tysong, and Whirlin all opened a discussion with me, and I really liked what they were proposing. This was something they were doing with or without me.

I've been working on branching out our communication to other areas for awhile. Modernizing our approach is very important. It took a lot of convincing to be able to come here. Unfortunately, through trial and error, I still can't get other staff here. My GameMasters don't all have thick enough skin to tolerate some of the abuse. It was never the plan for it to just be me that came here. I am, however, here on my own time.

I much rather spend my time where there is an active admin willing to make some adjustments to make the communication better. I also would prefer to be somewhere where active trolling and extremely tasteless posting isn't so rampant. I'm far too busy for that. Again, my free time, I'll choose where to go with it.

No one is asking any of you to abandon the PC. You guys survived a long time with no GameMaster or Simutronics involvement. Many of you made it clear that I'll never be welcome here. You'll be fine without me.

Ciao!
    You know, instead of just getting those features on the officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You know, instead of just getting those features on the officials.
    I can read and use the officials just fine. This has nothing to do with the officials and lack of features.

Blog Entries

I can read and use the officials just fine. This has nothing to do with the officials and lack of features.
    Its about the red hair I gave you, I knew I should have gone with blue!

Blog Entries

Tell me the purpose of going to unofficial forums? I mean, you shouldn't need to do that, the officials are right there. Obviously there is a reason people are more prone to post in these unofficials. You may not see a problem with it, but, you know... Obviously people do.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Its about the red hair I gave you, I knew I should have gone with blue!
    You need to add my hat to it. And then animate it with the "it's happening" motions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Tell me the purpose of going to unofficial forums? I mean, you shouldn't need to do that, the officials are right there. Obviously there is a reason people are more prone to post in these unofficials. You may not see a problem with it, but, you know... Obviously people do.
    What do you mean?

We're using them in the same capacity I was using the PC. Just to communicate with players. The officials aren't going anywhere. They will continue to be used for all our announcements and the primary source of all GM communication.

Blog Entries

You need to add my hat to it. And then animate it with the "it's happening" motions.
    Believe me, I tried. I'm not as good with photos as I am with gifs.

What do you mean?

We're using them in the same capacity I was using the PC. Just to communicate with players. The officials aren't going anywhere. They will continue to be used for all our announcements and the primary source of all GM communication.
    I think he means that since you are stating you are using unofficial forums to communicate with players, why not just use the official forums for what they are meant to be...ya know, a place to communicate with the players..

Heavens forbid a company uses their revenue and resources to grow or change some things that do in fact need an upgrade. Especially an official outlet for communicating to their customer base

Oh wait, most companies do that..
    Last edited by Gizmo; 08-09-2017 at 11:42 AM.