Page 57 of 111 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Except Wyrom wasn't subjected to any sort of harassment or hate that I can recall. Yeah, sure, he's getting shit in this thread, as well he should. This community built itself up over a decade, shit we're close to 2 decades now aren't we? It has its own set of rules (or lack there of) its own quirks, its own culture...sort of. But it's the only unofficial GS community in existence, shit to my knowledge the only unofficial SIMU community in existence since DR never moved to a new forum after their old unofficial forum shut down, again to my knowledge.

So rather than coming here and working within the confines of how things work here, knowing full well how this place is (considering he used to post here all the time before he became a GM), he makes up some bullshit story about how he was inundated with harassing private messages and rep comments, how 3 people just one day decided to make a new forum that just so happen to have all of his wants and dreams met, and how the "real" reason he needed a new forum was because of the lack of a tag feature here. Which, you know, fine, fuck it, you need a new forum go back your new forum. But the clear intention wasn't to create a new community from scratch and appeal to people because of the awesome features and rules and policies, the clear intention was to tear people away from this already established community with the help of the only mod on this forum. Wyrom was more than happy with butt lickers like Alastir over here spamming the shit out of the new forums, relaying the information that we're just too big of meanie heads for Wyrom to post here anymore and if we wanted one on one discussions with the GMs we would have to play nice at the new forum.
    For the most part no, he wasn't, though Astray came close to it a few times.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    No one visits the officials (frankly because they suck, hard, from a feature standpoint so participation has dwindled to almost nothing), and dev team wants some connections with the playerbase, right now PC is the only option for that because thats where all the players (and a handful of trolls) are hanging out.
    No one visits the officials because they are heavily moderated and they ignore the posts they don't feel like answering and delete and warn the ones they don't like. Not because they are ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    No one visits the officials because they are heavily moderated and they ignore the posts they don't feel like answering and delete and warn the ones they don't like. Not because they are ugly.
    It's a combination honestly. People like customization and there's literally none you can do there. People also don't like interacting with no one.
    ~Player of Inurtia

The heavily moderated shit is the reason I don't like going there. That and the people are just as snarky and bitchy there as they are here, they are just more covert about it.

Rather than just saying "Hey you're a dumbass, get the fuck out", they just "politely" imply you're a dumbass and you should get the fuck out. The funny part is it's mostly the names in blue who do this shit, the people who can usually get away with bending the rules more than your average poster.

Why would I want to hang out at a forum where people as just as classless as they are here but I'm subjected to selective moderation?

No one sells anything on the officials because you can't criticize anyone, and being able to out thieves and criticize those who cheat you, and expose those who take advantage of others, is essential to a functioning sales market. And let's face it, about 65% of the activity on this board is in the merchant market.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsk Tsk View Post
    It's a combination honestly. People like customization and there's literally none you can do there. People also don't like interacting with no one.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    And let's face it, about 65% of the activity on this board is in the merchant market.
    Just about. Although hearing others tell it it's 99% flaming in the politics folder.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    And let's face it, about 65% of the activity on this board is in the merchant market.
    More like 25% and no one posts in most of the gemstone related threads and no one posts anything in the official ones either because you get ignored unless its about simucoin issues. But if tgo01 starts talking shit someone magically appears after leaving to exclusively post on the new boards.

But if tgo01 starts talking shit someone magically appears after leaving to exclusively post on the new boards.
    Funny how that works.

More like 25% and no one posts in most of the gemstone related threads and no one posts anything in the official ones either because you get ignored unless its about simucoin issues. But if tgo01 starts talking shit someone magically appears after leaving to exclusively post on the new boards.
    51 viewers viewing the merchanting folder, 81 viewers for all other folders combined. I guess it's about halfway between your guess and mine, but the point stands. The main reason people come here is to buy and sell stuff, by a pretty significant margin.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.