Page 33 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    It's a forum.. it should take minutes to make changes... not days or weeks.

It's going to be fine.
    It really doesn't work like that when you start installing plugins and whatnot from third parties. Would be great if it did, but it's just not reality.

Blog Entries

I don't mind the new site. I can't see where it will stop anyone from posting here. The people who enjoy political debating will still come here to do so. The people who want to sell items, silvers, and characters will still come here because more exposure is always good for sales. I just really can't see how this will negatively affect the PC but maybe I'm missing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I just really can't see how this will negatively affect the PC but maybe I'm missing something.
    It won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    official unofficial
    I know it's not just you using the term, but good god that abomination needs to come to an end.

[stuff about the other place] and people followed to discuss the 'Con.
    The Simucon stuff going over there was the best chance they had to persuade people to go try out the other forums. Curious to see how it goes when that dries up.

I don't mind the new site. I can't see where it will stop anyone from posting here. The people who enjoy political debating will still come here to do so. The people who want to sell items, silvers, and characters will still come here because more exposure is always good for sales. I just really can't see how this will negatively affect the PC but maybe I'm missing something.
    If I were buying things, I'd definitely try take advantage of anyone not posting sales threads over here and look for better deals there where there is likely less competition.
    Last edited by subzero; 08-08-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Because it's not only being done to form another community but is a deliberate attempt to destroy this one.
    You and the troll club have done an excellent job of that yourselves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    You are far worse than anyone you might include in that group.

I know you are upset at the red bar under your name but you didn't have to run away. But, since you have, I don't expect we will see much of you around these parts. Ciao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I know it's not just you using the term, but good god that abomination needs to come to an end.
    yeah I wasn't particularly fond of writing it
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Because our only "mod" here has made his desires clear that he wants all GS related discussions to be moved to the new forum, rendering this an off topic non-GS site.

The fact that Whirlin et al is more than happy to accept anyone on the new forums as long as they abide by the new rules clearly shows they don't really give a flying fuck about attracting "mature" "non-trollish" people, they just want people to kowtow to their rules and pretend to be good. This is clearly evident by how the mod on both forums doesn't admonish the posters on that forum for coming over here to be little shits.

"Oh it's okay if you go over to the PC to vent your frustrations, but remember your place here."

Fuck that shit.

I don't know that it will negatively affect the PC, I just think it's shitty what Whirlin is doing and equally shitty that Wyrom decided to take his ball and go home and said he would only talk with his customers in an official capacity as long as the forum heavily moderates their posts to protect his fee fees.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-08-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Blog Entries

It's a forum.. it should take minutes to make changes... not days or weeks.

It's going to be fine.
    With proper access. Depending on the plugin, you are absolutely correct. And thank you for your post regarding the avatar images. I took a look at server settings and only the most recent avatar is ever saved server side, so it may have been a matter of changing too often.

Probably because Whirlin is too busy here, justifying why he should be mod of both forums instead of just there doing his job.
    Tysong and Ondreian are doing the real lifting on the other forums, I am a figurehead. I do not have the expertise to adjust a nodeBB plugin, layout, structure/etc... all I can do is poke around the admin console until I see something relatively similar. The real coding or adjustments are on them. But, I can handle the requests like adding plat folders that popped up today in a matter of moments. This post took me longer to write than adding the category structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    speculation:
    Ondreian set up the site a little less than a month ago to explore options and learn the software. He's already trusted to administer/moderate an official unofficial communication method (GS Slack) where Wyrom will chat directly with players. Wyrom didn't want to post here anymore but wanted to keep communication open with players on a msg board and spoke directly with Ondreian about it. Alastir is a mod (or at least has been in previous years) for the Radio Free SimuCon chat and was posting the SimuCon discussion summaries over there (where he is not a mod, only a supporter), and people followed to discuss the 'Con.
    Slack and Alastir really don't play into anything that happened at all. We consult with Alastir the same way we consult with everyone else on Discord or the forums.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Yet you are still posting here. Why are you replying to my posts if this is such a horrible cyber bullying place? I would think you'd be happy over at safe space forums.