Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1037

Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

  1. #431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    While I'm a big fan of speculation and conspiracy theories, I can chime in to what's all happening here.

    I asked a few times for some specific features over here. This place exists, why not make the communication a bit more effective? I was never answered. I was approached several weeks ago about the possibility of a new forum that would have a lot of the features I was hoping we could get added here. Ondreian, Tysong, and Whirlin all opened a discussion with me, and I really liked what they were proposing. This was something they were doing with or without me.

    I've been working on branching out our communication to other areas for awhile. Modernizing our approach is very important. It took a lot of convincing to be able to come here. Unfortunately, through trial and error, I still can't get other staff here. My GameMasters don't all have thick enough skin to tolerate some of the abuse. It was never the plan for it to just be me that came here. I am, however, here on my own time.

    I much rather spend my time where there is an active admin willing to make some adjustments to make the communication better. I also would prefer to be somewhere where active trolling and extremely tasteless posting isn't so rampant. I'm far too busy for that. Again, my free time, I'll choose where to go with it.

    No one is asking any of you to abandon the PC. You guys survived a long time with no GameMaster or Simutronics involvement. Many of you made it clear that I'll never be welcome here. You'll be fine without me.

    Ciao!
    It's the right move. I've stated a year ago I never liked the idea of you coming to this filth of a forum board on any official capacity; I guess I was right. I'm not on the new forums right now since I'm scared I would end up trolling that place even though I don't mean to (trolling so long and hard here it might be hard to break).

    I also hoped that people like ParkBandit, Wrathbringer, tgo, Gelston, Methais, Taernath (to a lesser degree), fortybox, and Neveragain would have ZERO presence on the new forums, but I've been hearing this isn't the case. Anyhow time will tell.
    Last edited by hello; 08-09-2017 at 11:11 AM.

  2. #432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I think he means that since you are stating you are using unofficial forums to communicate with players, why not just use the official forums for what they are meant to be...ya know, a place to communicate with the players..
    We are. Nothing is changing there. Where is the confusion stemming from? We are using Elanthian Forums in the exact same capacity as I was here. I can just get more staff since they are a little more willing to offer the features that would make it easier for us to communicate on a third-party site.

  3. #433
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    6,310
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    It's the right move. I've stated a year ago I never liked the idea of you coming to this filth of a forum board on any official capacity; I guess I was right. I'm not on the new forums right now since I'm scared I would end up trolling that place even though I don't mean to (trolling so long and hard here it might be hard to break).

  4. #434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    We are. Nothing is changing there. Where is the confusion stemming from? We are using Elanthian Forums in the exact same capacity as I was here. I can just get more staff since they are a little more willing to offer the features that would make it easier for us to communicate on a third-party site.
    I think most are getting at is that the point to even do such a move is not needed, if instead the focus is garnered on the flawed official forums being fixed to include apparently the one thing other forums have which is causing people to make now a third forum system for a game where their officials need the most work

  5. #435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I think most are getting at is that the point to even do such a move is not needed, if instead the focus is garnered on the flawed official forums being fixed to include apparently the one thing other forums have which is causing people to make now a third forum system for a game where their officials need the most work
    So I should have never came here then?

  6. #436
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    21,815
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    I mean, I can't really think of any other pay per month games that have a presence in unofficial forums. I'm just trying to wonder why you push that instead of looking at why your own forums aren't good enough.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I mean, I can't really think of any other pay per month games that have a presence in unofficial forums. I'm just trying to wonder why you push that instead of looking at why your own forums aren't good enough.
    Yes, other than all the ones that release community support kits, community highlights, and other community support features.


    It's getting REALLY fun watching you guys try to keep up the pretense that you don't know what it's about.

  8. #438
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    21,815
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchSenex View Post
    Yes, other than all the ones that release community support kits, community highlights, and other community support features.


    It's getting REALLY fun watching you guys try to keep up the pretense that you don't know what it's about.
    Pretense? Enlighten me. Why can't the officials do their job? The literally exist to do exactly what Wyrom is trying to do in the unofficial forums.
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-09-2017 at 11:23 AM.

  9. #439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    So I should have never came here then?
    YES. Never. I told you as MacGyver that you're like the pope now that you're a PM. Don't mingle in this cesspool of a forum. But feedback is important and the new forums are great in that regard. I just hope Whirlin is extremely strict in moderating that place. Fuck "free speech" and "freedom to say what I want" you want to speak with the staff fucking act like an adult.
    Last edited by hello; 08-09-2017 at 11:28 AM.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    So I should have never came here then?
    Since you came here to communicate to a larger audience than the officials(I think?) going to a smaller forum than the officials doesn't make sense. I highly doubt the new board will have anywhere near the traffic this site does, half of the people who left are already coming back here. Yeah it has less/no moderation here but that is why many people prefer it over the officials, and not just for merchanting. I see even less reason for you to post on the new forum with its smaller user base than even the officials....Plenty of posts go unanswered on the official boards and if you're here to get the word out/talk to the larger player base, going to a smaller more restrictive medium just seems a waste of your admittedly valuable time.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •