Page 28 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No, I think he would have had the most votes. He was gaining them quick. Most of them were probably from dweebs trying to suck his balls because he does Dreavenings and not people who are around the PC a lot, but it was just a numbers game.
    They're just illegal aliens voting but never contributing anything to our system! If we peal back the onion and look at the voters, I'd have won by even a wider margin.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

2. Default

That was also before your massive drama with Gelston. But I think if Whirlin is replaced/steps down as a mod we should have Kalros or Zaoloo take over to combat Sashafierce on the new forum because he is clearly in a position of authority although no one will admit it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Okay so I lied, I had the third most amount of votes and almost second most amount of votes, but I easily could have had the most if I hadn't bowed out early and asked Kranar to make Whirlin the mod. Something in retrospect I shouldn't have done apparently.
    You did indeed bow out but you only did so toward the end when you realized you didn't have the requisite votes to win.

Hey, I voted for you but twisting the narrative is something you should leave to time4fun.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post

You're as delusional as Time4fun.
    What? It's true. I was only 24 votes away from Whirlin, I made an announcement in the thread 5 days before Kranar made his decision that a few days prior to that I had already bowed out and asked Kranar to make Whirlin a mod. That's a full week that Whirlin had to get more votes than me after I had actively stopped trying to get more votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    You did indeed bow out but you only did so toward the end when you realized you didn't have the requisite votes to win.

Hey, I voted for you but twisting the narrative is something you should leave to time4fun.
    Except I'm not twisting the narrative.

Here is my post in the thread stating I had bowed out a couple days prior:

I sent a PM to Kranar a few days ago with the post I made in this thread saying I was bowing out of being considered for a mod because I figured a lot of people would lose their shit if I were made mod, and people are still complaining about my awesomeness. I just can't win.
    That was March 21st.

Here is Kranar's announcement on March 26th:

Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    Based on the poll and the MANY comments I have received I decided, for the time being, to pick Whirlin to be moderator of the forum. Whirlin will have moderator privileges for the entire forum but will have a special focus on the GSIV Merchant's Market.

Thanks to Whirlin for volunteering to help out and to everyone who commented and participated and picking him.
    In fact I'm pretty sure when I bowed out I was either leading or was very close to leading, it wasn't until I bowed out and stopped asking people to vote for me that the distance grew.

Blog Entries

Except I'm not twisting the narrative.

Here is my post in the thread stating I had bowed out a couple days prior:

That was March 21st.

Here is Kranar's announcement on March 26th:

In fact I'm pretty sure when I bowed out I was either leading or was very close to leading, it wasn't until I bowed out and stopped asking people to vote for me that the distance grew.
    Everyone had voted by the 21st.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

I don't have a horse in this race. That's just how it seemed to me.

Here is where I bowed out officially in the thread itself, on March 17th, a full 9 days before Kranar made his announcement:

I'm gonna go ahead and bow out. I wanted to see if I could harness the power of the Dreavenings for personal gain and it turns out, I can! At this rate I'll take the lead before the night is over. Even though I wouldn't abuse any sort of mod powers I know a lot of people probably wouldn't like the idea of me being a moderator and I really don't want to cause any waves here.

Personally I think all 3 of the remaining people should be made a mod, a third mod couldn't hurt. They all volunteered their time to help keep the PC spam free and whatnot and I don't think any of them would abuse their powers like a certain mod who shall remain anonymous did.

So thank you everyone who voted for me both before and after I started asking for votes on LNet. You all rock! But go ahead and throw your support behind Zaigh, Ardwen, and Whirlin! Woo!

Blog Entries

Here is where I bowed out officially in the thread itself, on March 17th, a full 9 days before Kranar made his announcement:
    Well let this be your lesson: never throw in the towel!

If you do, we will fuck with you later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Well let this be your lesson: never throw in the towel!

If you do, we will fuck with you later on.
    Oh believe me, I see what doing the "right thing" can do. You're left with someone who doesn't give a shit about the forums and refuses to step down when needed.