Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebon Gate and Microtransactions

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
    Gemstone by itself makes well over $500,000 per year on subs alone, throw in events like Duskruin and EG etc. and you get the idea.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogonis View Post
    I suppose it's possible. That's only about 2800 basic accounts, figure some of those are premium and plat and shattered. Might be a bit high but I think it's in the ballpark.

Let's suppose $500,000 is in the ballpark. He said well over that. It's a stretch.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Let's suppose $500,000 is in the ballpark. He said well over that. It's a stretch.
    Is it? As was said, that's 2800 basic accounts. How many people have just one basic account with one character? How many people are Premium? How many have ever purchased an event ticket? A simucoin?

Hell, assuming Dreaven has zero premium accounts and every account he has is just a single character, he pays $2340 per year ALONE.

Couple that with, again, as was said, the fact that any Simutronics staff is of course working on their other properties in addition to Gemstone, all of which ALSO bring in revenue, I'd say $500,000 is a lowball estimate on Gemstone alone.
    Hi. I'm Steve.

Blog Entries

I seem to remember that something like half ( at least ) are premium.

Here ya go. This isn't going to be 100% accurate, but it's going to be close based on my experience dealing with companies on it:

http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Sim...n-301-330-0726

State of Inc:Maryland
    Location Type:HQ
    Revenue:$ 3,368,123
    Employees:2
    Facility Size:N/A
    Hi. I'm Steve.

True, I wouldn't say well over 500,000 dollars, but it's probably around there. The usual peak is what, around 400? Figure 4 times as many active accounts for a good estimate and figure they're all basic and that's about 300k a year. So yeah, I'd put the figure more at around 350k-400k.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Hell, assuming Dreaven has zero premium accounts and every account he has is just a single character, he pays $2340 per year ALONE.
    Shit, maybe it is time I quit GS :O

No need to guess, it's easy enough to ballpark.

http://www.stillfront.com/site/wp-co...ation-v1.0.pdf

Slide 13 lists Simu revenue at 4.1m Swedish Krona in Q1, which is roughly $508,000 over 3 months. Figure roughly $250k/quarter for GS4 equals $1 million in revenues/ year.

Employees:2
    Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    No need to guess, it's easy enough to ballpark.

http://www.stillfront.com/site/wp-co...ation-v1.0.pdf

Slide 13 lists Simu revenue at 4.1m Swedish Krona in Q1, which is roughly $508,000 over 3 months. Figure roughly $250k/quarter for GS4 equals $1 million in revenues/ year.
    Yeah but we were trying to figure out how much comes just from monthly subscriptions. It's tough to know how much of that is subscriptions and how much comes from stuff such as paid events an SimuCoin store, although I would be surprised if paid events/SimuCoin store is half what they get from subscriptions, I think one time Solomon said they rely mostly on subscriptions but its been a while since Solomon was in charge so who knows how things are different now.