Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebon Gate and Microtransactions

1. Default

It does seem very arrogant. I have talked to him in person and he doesn't seem that way though. Tone maybe?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    It does seem very arrogant. I have talked to him in person and he doesn't seem that way though. Tone maybe?
    I don't think he realizes it. He probably isn't trying to be, but that is the type of shit PLAYERS say, not PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    More likely the awareness that his position at Simutronics wouldn't let him talk down to people without repercussions when they're standing in front of him. No mods there to pull people's words...or fists.

We'll likely be a bit bigger though (we peaked 700 online the other night for a short while)
    That's misleading. Everyone had their alts and F2P accounts logged in because everyone wanted to see who won the raffles. Like seriously within 5 minutes of the raffles being drawn 200 people had logged off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You're definitely free to your opinions. If you're not having fun with GemStone IV, there is nothing stopping you from finding a new source of entertainment.

The fucking arrogance though.
    Ok, so there are two ways to see his statement...

1. You don't like what we're doing? Fuck you, go play something else.

2. You don't like what we're doing? I appreciate that. We are trying hard though so if you don't like the direction we are heading, maybe there are other options that would be more fun for you.

Gelston, I don't know if you actually still play or not, but if you do and if you've played for awhile and had some experience with Wyrom in game or on these boards, do you honestly think it's more scenario 1 or 2? I've never even met him in game, but he's clarified a couple of things with me via PM on these boards regarding other issues and he's always come across as being more as scenario 2 vs. scenario 1 to me. If that's the case, I don't know why you always seem to gravitate toward being so skeptical of his tone or motivations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Ok, so there are two ways to see his statement...

1. You don't like what we're doing? Fuck you, go play something else.

2. You don't like what we're doing? I appreciate that. We are trying hard though so if you don't like the direction we are heading, maybe there are other options that would be more fun for you.

Gelston, I don't know if you actually still play or not, but if you do and if you've played for awhile and had some experience with Wyrom in game or on these boards, do you honestly think it's more scenario 1 or 2? I've never even met him in game, but he's clarified a couple of things with me via PM on these boards regarding other issues and he's always come across as being more as scenario 2 vs. scenario 1 to me. If that's the case, I don't know why you always seem to gravitate toward being so skeptical of his tone or motivations.
    I've played since AOL d00d. I've had a lot of experience with Simutronics. Perhaps I still have thoughts of Solomon, but this isn't the only time I've seen Wyrom coming off as arrogant. The line didn't even need to be said in the first place.

I took it as "You don't like it, leave. We don't need you. We're growing anyways."
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-16-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I took it as "You don't like it, leave. We don't need you. We're growing anyways."
    That's certainly what it comes across as. Sort of like "Bitch you seen our numbers lately? We don't need you."

Blog Entries

Wasn't he saying something earlier about Simu 'barely making ends meet' and using that to justify the price restructuring?

*/edit here it is:

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the all-inclusive event ticket was not helping us grow. We hardly made our targets when it came to those revenue streams.
    Last edited by Taernath; 08-16-2017 at 01:54 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

It's easy to disregard the "if you don't like it, leave" sentiment when looked at as an individual occurrence. It's not. It's something that he says entirely too often to be brushed off as not knowing how it comes across.

Blog Entries

Pretty much any time he talks about micro-transactions he comes across kinda dickish.

Here is how I hear it:

"This is what we are doing, get on board or gtfo of the way. Cause we aren't going back. Whatley got a taste of this good money and there is no stopping it now."