Thread: Thrown Roundtime

Question Thrown Roundtime

Does encumbrance affect thrown roundtime?

If memory serves, encumbrance does not affect ranged roundtime, so I am hoping the same goes for thrown.

Thanks,

It does affect RT. In fact it often skips around in what most would describe as a buggy fashion.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

And while we are at it, does anyone have the exact Thrown roundtime formula? Wiki is missing it.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

I'm not sure if any PC's know the exact formula. Like I said, it's pretty buggy, which makes it that much harder to try to pick apart.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Encumbrance affects thrown roundtimes drastically. More than it affects melee roundtimes.

Hate to say it, but this is looking like if you want an answer go out and test it (there SHOULD be documentation so you can make training choices without having to go test things...)
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Easy answer, 3 seconds unaimed, 4 seconds aimed; TWC thrown 4 seconds / 5 seconds ... if you are encumbered the formula is bad enough that you stop throwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Omrii View Post
    Easy answer, 3 seconds unaimed, 4 seconds aimed; TWC thrown 4 seconds / 5 seconds ... if you are encumbered the formula is bad enough that you stop throwing.
    That sums it up for the most part. It's the second half that no one really understands. The thrown training formula is fairly well known:

AS = Thrown skill + [(STR Bonus + DEX Bonus)÷2] + [(Perception ranks + CM ranks)÷4]
    Note: the perception bonus caps at 2x training. No extra bonus for you rogues.

Defensively you'll probably want to have UAC training so that you have decent DS when your weapon is flying through the air, and you'll want to have melee training for the weapon style so that you have DS when the weapon is IN your hand.

Good luck.