Thread: House Hunting: Am I a Racist?

Default House Hunting: Am I a Racist?

So, the missus (aka Khaleesi breaker of chains) is demanding more space for her 5'5 116 pound frame. I think this is a stupid (and expensive) proposal but she's adamant.

The realtor, a nice middle-eastern lady, is taking us around town hitting up the usual spots for two no kids professionals. Dupont circle, Adams Morgan, even Georgetown (which is ungodly expensive... here's your lean-to on the side of the street...1 meelion dollars!).

However, one thing that I find myself doing is trying to ascertain the ethnicity of the current residents of the property. I guess it can be passed off as someone being curious (wandering inside a stranger's home). But I'm beginning to alter my decision from this piece of information. Seriously.

For example, there was this townhome in Foxhall and I was in love with the property. 4 1/2 baths, 3 bedrooms, and a rooftop "backyard" complete with actual grass, barbecue station, and overlooking the German consulate. I was like ,"this is it!"; although, I kept my enthusiasim in check for negotiating purposes.

Then it hit me as I made my way upstairs; people from that continent south of Europe lived here. Dark curtains, very little light, gaudy, and cheap interior design. It was unkempt, I saw a unwashed dish in the otherwise very stylish brand new island kitchen sink. Drops of some blackish material in the back entry that I couldn't identify and well, the Bathroom really killed everything.

We went to the next house without a peep. Am I a racist for being like this?

I'm not sure why you would assume Africans are messy people. First off, it's a huge continent, with a broad range of cultural differences, government types, and colonial backgrounds. Kenyans for example are quite neat and always well dressed, even those living in poverty. Also who cares? Hire a cleaner to give the place a once over..
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    So, the missus (aka Khaleesi breaker of chairs)
    That's how I read it.

For every disgusting thing you see there are literally billions you can't, no matter which son of Noah beget the previous resident. Follow Archigeek's advice or you will surely die. Eat of this knowledge of good and evil, or at least bad.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.