Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Future of the Game

Default The Future of the Game

Well, here we are. Correct me if I'm wrong (or if you have a different picture of the current direction of the game.) I'll be doing some musing and possibly fortunetelling.

1.) The objective of management is to move the game completely into microtransactions while still pulling in a sub. It's crazy I know, but I think Simutronics will be the first company in history to actually charge their customers a monthly sub (with just 1 character slot) AND have a microtrans store. And I think they'll succeed.

2.) Events and Festivals are extras above and beyond your sub? (T/F)? I seem to recall once upon a time that we paid our sub and we got access to all the events including a once a year merch like the spitfire or juggernaut. Now, it all sits behind a microtrans paywall.

3.) "F2P" is a false flag to legitimize the idea of a microtrans paywall. A little cynical I know but the thought has probably crossed most of our minds at least once.

4.) Bloodscrip, Blackscrip,General Tickets, and Seashells partly came into existence in order to destroy or at the very least severely devalue silvers. The alternate currencies will give more control over how Simu distributes loot to players in the game directly competing with p2p item sales. If all loot/upgrade merchants become attached to these new currencies including automated upgrades all of which are tied to SIMUCOINs wouldn't this be tantamount to direct item sales off the SIMUSTORE?

5.) Chances of all this succeeding and the game population holding? Are we all so well-to-do that Simu can actually get away doing this and still have an active game?

2. Default

You should bring these questions here for an official response https://forums.elanthia.online/

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    You should bring these questions here for an official response https://forums.elanthia.online/
    Hell I think at this point if you got 2 brain cells to put together all these questions are rhetorical.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Why would anyone want an official response to a post like that? We all know the official response to any question regarding the future of any company's product.

You don't need to link the other forum every time a gs question pops up.

There's no tagging here, no one can find your post. Why did you even bother!?
    ~Player of Inurtia

Quote Originally Posted by Tsk Tsk View Post
    There's no tagging here, no one can find your post. Why did you even bother!?
    I hear the Roman Empire fell because a lack of tagging.

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    Well, here we are. Correct me if I'm wrong (or if you have a different picture of the current direction of the game.) I'll be doing some musing and possibly fortunetelling.

1.) The objective of management is to move the game completely into microtransactions while still pulling in a sub. It's crazy I know, but I think Simutronics will be the first company in history to actually charge their customers a monthly sub (with just 1 character slot) AND have a microtrans store. And I think they'll succeed.

2.) Events and Festivals are extras above and beyond your sub? (T/F)? I seem to recall once upon a time that we paid our sub and we got access to all the events including a once a year merch like the spitfire or juggernaut. Now, it all sits behind a microtrans paywall.

3.) "F2P" is a false flag to legitimize the idea of a microtrans paywall. A little cynical I know but the thought has probably crossed most of our minds at least once.

4.) Bloodscrip, Blackscrip,General Tickets, and Seashells partly came into existence in order to destroy or at the very least severely devalue silvers. The alternate currencies will give more control over how Simu distributes loot to players in the game directly competing with p2p item sales. If all loot/upgrade merchants become attached to these new currencies including automated upgrades all of which are tied to SIMUCOINs wouldn't this be tantamount to direct item sales off the SIMUSTORE?

5.) Chances of all this succeeding and the game population holding? Are we all so well-to-do that Simu can actually get away doing this and still have an active game?
    you're a retarded person

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I hear the Roman Empire fell because a lack of tagging.
    Thankfully we have saviors to spread an already dwindling community thinner.
    ~Player of Inurtia

Blog Entries

@wrathbringer #shart #poop
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    @wrathbringer #shart #poop