Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Which classes are scrub-tier friendly?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    songs disabled by F2P
    That's just purification song, no?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    I typically do:

0-6 - swing OHE in rats
    6-12 - 903 spectres
    12-16 - 903 fire guardians/firephantoms in SOL (Do CoL in this time frame)
    16-25 - 906 wood wights/woodsmen - wights can boil but typically die to one cast of 906
    25+ - wherever you may roam.
    Idk why people like hunting rats....lesser frost shades(IMT NG) or lesser ghouls, skeletons, phantoms(landing GY) are both just as easy, and actually HAVE loot. I tend to have 100k silver from just hunting(not skinning) by the time I am 10 trains...after I buy 2x gear(1x and 3x arnt worth it)
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.

Agreed. Sorcerers are the nuts. I've been salty and reluctant to play them ever since they nerfed 719 though.
    Nah man, HSN buffed them pretty good. 719 is still pretty tits though.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Nah man, HSN buffed them pretty good. 719 is still pretty tits though.
    I'll read up. I wasn't playing then.

Quote Originally Posted by n0551n3n0m1n3 View Post
    Idk why people like hunting rats....lesser frost shades(IMT NG) or lesser ghouls, skeletons, phantoms(landing GY) are both just as easy, and actually HAVE loot. I tend to have 100k silver from just hunting(not skinning) by the time I am 10 trains...after I buy 2x gear(1x and 3x arnt worth it)
    I run all my characters through rats because I have a WizardFE script that I've used since the beginning of time. Your approach sounds vastly more efficient. I'll give it a shot if I roll any new characters up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Warriors are one of the hardest F2P's because they can't wear heavy armor?
    From my experience: I had to train my warrior in 3x shield use because - low DS (no outside spell support), highish RT, limited disabling utility (low stamina in early levels for CMANs), my warrior died more than any of the other F2P accounts I leveled up. When he was spelled up by my wizard account, he played great, albeit a bit slow at hunting by comparison to other classes, but fine. When I moved him to TV, and didn't bring my Wizard out there, he just couldn't hold his own anymore. Stance dancing, running away from targets, vulnerable to spells (especially in low armor classes)... It wasn't working great. The monk having 1207 made him easier to play than the warrior because he could reliably disable everything with 3s cast RT.

Bard did not die as much as the warrior, but he was SOOOO BORING. Bards have the benefit of higher DS, higher AS, but lack of fun CMANs to use. In the end, they are kind of dull to play until you unlock a lot of their spells. Also, a lot of spells and utility are locked out for bards. No loresinging, room effect spells, or purification.
    Last edited by Maerit; 08-04-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    From my experience: I had to train my warrior in 3x shield use because - low DS (no outside spell support), highish RT, limited disabling utility (low stamina in early levels for CMANs), my warrior died more than any of the other F2P accounts I leveled up. When he was spelled up by my wizard account, he played great, albeit a bit slow at hunting by comparison to other classes, but fine. When I moved him to TV, and didn't bring my Wizard out there, he just couldn't hold his own anymore. Stance dancing, running away from targets, vulnerable to spells (especially in low armor classes)... It wasn't working great. The monk having 1207 made him easier to play than the warrior because he could reliably disable everything with 3s cast RT.

Bard did not die as much as the warrior, but he was SOOOO BORING. Bards have the benefit of higher DS, higher AS, but lack of fun CMANs to use. In the end, they are kind of dull to play until you unlock a lot of their spells. Also, a lot of spells and utility are locked out for bards. No loresinging, room effect spells, or purification.
    Warrior legitimately seems to suffer from not having spells in early game. Never had to go quite that hard on the shield training. I did have to get spelled up, which is a problem for free characters, until I got into full brig and higher.

100% on board with this sentiment. I will never understand why people insist on swinging a claidh with a wizard post level 6.

At level 6, you WILL have enough mana to hunt snow spectres.

I typically do:

0-6 - swing OHE in rats
    6-12 - 903 spectres
    12-16 - 903 fire guardians/firephantoms in SOL (Do CoL in this time frame)
    16-25 - 906 wood wights/woodsmen - wights can boil but typically die to one cast of 906
    25+ - wherever you may roam.
    When I level my F2P wizards, and I've leveled 3 or 4 of them to 25+ now - this is how it looks:

Level 1-6 - PUNCH things with 3s RT and they die in 1-2 hits
    Level 6-10 - PUNCH things with 1s RT and they die in 1-2 hits (that's 1-2 seconds)
    Level 10-20 - KICK things with 1s RT (10 ranks of air lore) and they die in 1-4 hits

From my experience, bolting is not only slower, but mana limited. If you run out of mana, your hunt ends. With 506, you can kill faster with UAC than bolting, and also never have mana problems. Claids are very slow early on, so I would agree that swinging one is not optimal for the Wizard when UAC is going to be faster in general.
    Last edited by Maerit; 08-04-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Ahh yes. Now that you mention it I do recall the range of ability from having minimal risk full offensive fighting to having to stance dance with lesser critters due to being spelled or not. I guess I blocked out that shit, cause it did really suck. I did F2P warrior till 26th train (though i got two old style lumnis before the change from trial to F2P) And I focused on armor support because it made me friends for spells since those were so critical. Most of the time spells were easy enough to come by, but your criticism is quite valid.
    Last edited by Ososis; 08-04-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Monk class is one of the easiest to level up. I don't understand why they get such a bad rap. I'm not F2P but this class by far has been the easiest for me.