Thread: One-handed polearm + shield?

1. Default One-handed polearm + shield?

Hey everyone,
    I've been thinking of fixskilling to a polearms (trident) and shield. I'm currently level 62 in fully unlocked ethereal plate, and am THW with a 6x HCW maul from DR. It's been really fun, and it's quite easy to kill stuff, but for RP reasons and to switch it up, I'm really intrigued with the grippable polearms. Would be able to 3x shield, 0x dodge, 2x OHP. Kind of a bummer that my berserk would be much worse but poking eyes with a trident sounds fun, and the versatility of being able to grip to two-handed and berserk that way interests me (although without dodge I'm sure I'd get ruined).

Anyone trained in this way that might be able to offer some insight?

Thanks in advance.

2. Default

This is basically my warrior's build, but with a spear instead of a trident. It's very viable up to 80, at least. I've only recently started in otf thus far. You should have plenty of tp's to 1x dodge, if needed. You will have trouble with critters in heavy (i.e. plate) armor because the dfs just aren't that great. Be sure to pick up at least 30 ranks of ambush, although I would recommend 40... those eyes can be difficult to hit sometimes.

I think Jeril switched to this build, too. Its tempted me more than a couple of times as well but I picture my Warrior using swords over polearms or blunts. You get all of the Shield Specializations and can switch to two handed grip when you need more damage for less TP investment than the Katana, Bastard Sword or TWC equivalent. Have fun with it and you can even learn hurling down the road if you want. The only downside is that you wont reach the same damage potential as TWC since the grippable polearms are not compatible.

What is a good build blueprint for a pole/shield warrior? I have a 33 giantman id like to move to this setup since I was debating lance this seems like a great hybrid setup. Not sure but I think he is the warcamp society and am open to either not doing adventure guild bounties, or building so that I can do them effectively, either way.

Blog Entries

It's a standard warrior, you're just making a choice on either 3x shield, or 2x shield and 1x dodge.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

One thing to consider about Giantman with the lance is that I don't think you can get 5 second RT without enhancives, but other than that it seems pretty straightforward and standard. My opinion is, skip the dodge, get yourself a tower shield, and swing away.

Hi. I'm Steve.
    Last edited by Steve; 07-24-2017 at 06:05 PM.

word
    Last edited by Leigo; 09-18-2021 at 04:35 AM.