Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Stupid from the Left: How your pet is contributing to global warming

Default More Stupid from the Left: How your pet is contributing to global warming

The stupid is real. At least this story doesn't have "anonymous" sources.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/env...164990657.html

Way to misrepresent what the article is actually about.

Put another way: Dogs and cats are responsible for 25 to 30 percent of the environmental impact of meat consumption in the United States.

Livestock emit methane, which is the source of about 10 percent of all greenhouse gases. Previous studies have found that Americans’ meat-heavy diet results in the release of 260 million tons of carbon dioxide – the leading greenhouse gas – through livestock production. Okin used similar estimates to calculate how much meat the nation’s 163 million cats and dogs eat and its carbon equivalent.

Okin said he isn’t suggesting Americans put their pets on a vegetarian diet, “which would be unhealthy.” However, Okin – who is allergic to dogs and cats but keeps two fish as pets – said he wants pet owners to consider the climate impacts of pet ownership, particularly as many Americans switch their dogs and cats to high-protein premium foods.

“This was not a study to make anybody feel guilty,” Okin said in an interview Wednesday. “I’m not saying people should go out and kill their animals or feed them something that isn’t appropriate....It was a study just to figure out how big these numbers are, and the numbers are surprisingly large.”
    You are an intellectually dishonest person.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Way to misrepresent what the article is actually about.

You are an intellectually dishonest person.
    For calling it stupid? You sure love to read between the lines!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    How is it stupid, exactly? And how is it a democrat thing?
    Hi. I'm Steve.

For trying to make that article out to be some kind of "dumb libruls are dumb lolol" thing when that is not in any way what it is. You are so ridiculously partisan that you look at everything from the angle of trying to make "the left" look bad even when it has nothing to do with any political affiliation. Science is not leftist propaganda, though I'm happy to claim science as being on "my side" if that is the stance you want to take.
    Last edited by Tenlaar; 08-03-2017 at 02:59 PM.

For trying to make that article out to be some kind of "dumb libruls are dumb lolol" thing when that is not in any way what it is. You are so ridiculously partisan that you look at everything from the angle of trying to make "the left" look bad even when it has nothing to do with any political affiliation.
    Right, because the Sacramento Bee isn't left-leaning.

You're right. The next time I listen/read a story from CNN I'll remember to think that it is coming from an unbiased news source. Thanks Tenlaar!

You can make the argument that anything you do has a big carbon footprint, this is just newspaper clickbait.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Right, because the Sacramento Bee isn't left-leaning.
    I don't give a fuck about the Sacramento Bee, they are reporting on a study published in a scientific journal. I don't care if Karl Marx himself wrote an article about the study, that doesn't make the study politically motivated or part of "the left."

Blog Entries

I don't give a fuck about the Sacramento Bee, they are reporting on a study published in a scientific journal. I don't care if Karl Marx himself wrote an article about the study, that doesn't make the study politically motivated or part of "the left."
    For as riled up as you are getting I feel like your Meme sends a very different message.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    You can make the argument that anything you do has a big carbon footprint, this is just newspaper clickbait.
    You can only make that argument if you want to discount...you know...scientific study and review.