Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Request to Filter "What's New" view

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I forgot to add earlier... Stumplicker is a solid P10 if he's comparing all of this to going through the window of his car vs using the door.
    Semper superne nitens.

SJWs pay special attention to the OMGCONFEDERATEFLAG on the roof.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-03-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

SJWs pay special attention to the OMGCONFEDERATEFLAG on the roof.
    THAT FLAG! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Reading posts from the Activity Stream is so jarring to me I don't understand why people like it.

Rather than going to "New Posts", finding a thread you want to read, then clicking the blue arrow to bring you to the first unread post then reading all new posts in order, you instead click "Activity Stream" and get all posts forum wide in order of which they were posted.

So you're reading about an auction in one post, then about who sexed up whom in GS, then about how much of an asshole Trump is then BAM! You're back to the sex thread, then you're back to Trump is an asshole, then you're on how much monks suck, then back to sex, then back to the original auction thread, then monks sucking Trump's asshole.

Just seems like an odd way to read the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    It's definitely a jumbled mess. I'm honestly surprised at how many people use it.
    I've said it before, but we're old. You may as well make your peace with it, it's only going to get worse for us in the years ahead.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    I've said it before, but we're old. You may as well make your peace with it, it's only going to get worse for us in the years ahead.
    Goddamn millennials! I'm too lazy to doctor up a Shitty Wok guy picture with his goddamn Mongorians, but it would be appropriate here.
    Last edited by subzero; 08-04-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Reading posts from the Activity Stream is so jarring to me I don't understand why people like it.

Rather than going to "New Posts", finding a thread you want to read, then clicking the blue arrow to bring you to the first unread post then reading all new posts in order, you instead click "Activity Stream" and get all posts forum wide in order of which they were posted.

So you're reading about an auction in one post, then about who sexed up whom in GS, then about how much of an asshole Trump is then BAM! You're back to the sex thread, then you're back to Trump is an asshole, then you're on how much monks suck, then back to sex, then back to the original auction thread, then monks sucking Trump's asshole.

Just seems like an odd way to read the forums.
    I never understood this either. It seems like a lot more work than just clicking on Today's Posts and finding actual threads you want to read.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-04-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I never understood this either. It seems like a lot more work than just clicking on Today's Posts and finding actual threads you want to read.
    For me personally, it's the fact that "What's New" summarizes the post by telling me who posted it, in what thread was it, and what was the first line of their post. And for the most part, that first line gives me what I need anyway, or I can tell if I want to keep reading the post at all by having read the first line. For instance, Wakahashi has a "Selling Some Stuff" thread. In what's new, I can see Telekin place a mb on #2 in that auction. If I were bidding on something else in that auction, I care about new posts in that thread, but instead of clicking in to the thread, I can easily see that I don't care what Telekin posted because I wasn't bidding on #2. With all the chatter that goes on even in a sales thread, I might not care about 80% of the new posts in a thread I actually care about. The What's new summarizes it for me so I know I don't have to actually go in to the thread to read it.

And I'll say it again. Just ignore people. But guess what, I don't miss any post that's important to me, even on someone I ignore. Because undoubtedly someone else I haven't ignored will post in a thread I care about, I'll click "see more" in the "What's New" feed to take me to the actual thread, and inevitably I'll see someone I've ignored has posted in that thread. For those of you who don't know, if you've ignored someone and they post in a thread that you're looking at (while you're looking at the actual thread, not in the What's New feed), there's a place holder in that thread that says who posted, and I can click "View Post" to see what they posted, without having to take them off my ignore list. My ignore list includes people like Methais, Tgo, Taernath, drauz, and Fallen. They all post tons of awesome game related shit, but they also post a ton of non game related shit that doesn't bother me politically or emotionally (no need to call me a snowflake PB), I just don't like it clogging up my "What's New", which is the way I like to read the forum. But when it comes to them posting in a thread I care about, I literally never miss anything they say.

Sorry for the long post.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    My ignore list includes people like Methais, Tgo, Taernath, drauz, and Fallen. They all post tons of awesome game related shit, but they also post a ton of non game related shit that doesn't bother me politically or emotionally (no need to call me a snowflake PB), I just don't like it clogging up my "What's New", which is the way I like to read the forum. But when it comes to them posting in a thread I care about, I literally never miss anything they say.
    OH YEAH WELL HOW DID YOU QUOTE ME THEN????!?!?!!?!?1/1/1/4K1J

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    For me personally, it's the fact that "What's New" summarizes the post by telling me who posted it, in what thread was it, and what was the first line of their post. And for the most part, that first line gives me what I need anyway, or I can tell if I want to keep reading the post at all by having read the first line. For instance, Wakahashi has a "Selling Some Stuff" thread. In what's new, I can see Telekin place a mb on #2 in that auction. If I were bidding on something else in that auction, I care about new posts in that thread, but instead of clicking in to the thread, I can easily see that I don't care what Telekin posted because I wasn't bidding on #2. With all the chatter that goes on even in a sales thread, I might not care about 80% of the new posts in a thread I actually care about. The What's new summarizes it for me so I know I don't have to actually go in to the thread to read it.

And I'll say it again. Just ignore people. But guess what, I don't miss any post that's important to me, even on someone I ignore. Because undoubtedly someone else I haven't ignored will post in a thread I care about, I'll click "see more" in the "What's New" feed to take me to the actual thread, and inevitably I'll see someone I've ignored has posted in that thread. For those of you who don't know, if you've ignored someone and they post in a thread that you're looking at (while you're looking at the actual thread, not in the What's New feed), there's a place holder in that thread that says who posted, and I can click "View Post" to see what they posted, without having to take them off my ignore list. My ignore list includes people like Methais, Tgo, Taernath, drauz, and Fallen. They all post tons of awesome game related shit, but they also post a ton of non game related shit that doesn't bother me politically or emotionally (no need to call me a snowflake PB), I just don't like it clogging up my "What's New", which is the way I like to read the forum. But when it comes to them posting in a thread I care about, I literally never miss anything they say.

Sorry for the long post.
    Am I on your ignore list?

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    Am I on your ignore list?
    You're joking, right? This is a joke?