Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Request to Filter "What's New" view

Default Request to Filter "What's New" view

I'd love the option to select folders within the PC to hide / filter from the What's New view. I like reading about the game, but 90% of what you see in this view is Politics. This means I have to go hunting through each game-related folder for new dates to read about the game on a forum that is primarily designed to support a game community.

Much appreciated if there's any way this could be implemented!

Why not just use New Posts?
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

New Posts does not show me replies to threads that were created less recently. It only shows newly created posts. Also, if you open up the New Posts section, it too is riddled with non-stop Politics topics.

The What's New view is a more "live feed" view.
    Last edited by Maerit; 08-02-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I'd love the option to select folders within the PC to hide / filter from the What's New view. I like reading about the game, but 90% of what you see in this view is Politics. This means I have to go hunting through each game-related folder for new dates to read about the game on a forum that is primarily designed to support a game community.
    I agree. But get ready to be trolled, and red repped. Easier just to ignore the 40 or so people who post most often in the politics folder.

Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post

Much appreciated if there's any way this could be implemented!
    This is a much-desired feature that Whirlin has been trying to implement. However, it requires installation of a thingamajig by the Administrator, and the Administrator has thus far been unwilling to do it.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

Quote Originally Posted by Mogonis View Post
    I also really enjoy being able to scan the actual post from the What's New view, instead of just reading the title of the thread that was recently updated.

This is a much-desired feature that Whirlin has been trying to implement. However, it requires installation of a thingamajig by the Administrator, and the Administrator has thus far been unwilling to do it.
    That's good then. Hopefully some more people showing support / interest can strike a chord with the Admin. The PC is a great resource for the game, and I also feel newer users will benefit from being able to filter out the noise in this view.

Blog Entries

Shoot Kranar a PM and ask that he install a few plugins when he gets the chance. When/if he does the PC will be far more customizable to one's liking.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Why does everyone want to make their PC experience so boring?

If you cut out politics all you would be left with is like 100 different merchant threads to every one thread that talks about GS.

Blog Entries

Yeah, filtering politics would be great.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.