Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Request to Filter "What's New" view

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Why does everyone want to make their PC experience so boring?

If you cut out politics all you would be left with is like 100 different merchant threads to every one thread that talks about GS.
    A) This is a GS-centric board. I go other places for my troll/flame war fix.
    B) People that I actively like in-game act in ways here that make me dislike interacting with their characters in-game, and I don't like to see that.
    C) The sheer volume of the Politics posts drowns out everything that I would like to actually use this forum for.

I fully support your guys' 'right' to say horrific things to each other ad nauseum. I'd just prefer to have the option to close the door and not listen to it when I'm trying to read the GS forums.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

Quote Originally Posted by 0zymandius View Post
    B) People that I actively like in-game act in ways here that make me dislike interacting with their characters in-game, and I don't like to see that.
    That's not how you're supposed to do it :O

That's not how you're supposed to do it :O
    I know! It's my own failing, and I own it. But I'd like the ability to mitigate it somewhat, and keep it from impacting my enjoyment of this stupid game.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

Blog Entries

Some of us are in the politics section because people have dragged their politics into the game. Everyone is so easily offended, I mean lets face it, when people are flooding GM's with e-mails because someones RP is warning of impending doom, yet they are perfectly OK when the offended are using town centers as their open air bedroom, there might just be some blow back.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

If you cut out politics all you would be left with is like 100 different merchant threads to every one thread that talks about GS.
    Just to illustrate what I mean. My current "New Posts" feed has one thread about GS (the one about new classes) and six threads about selling shit.

What do you guys read on the PC if you ignore the off topic threads?

A) This is a GS-centric board. I go other places for my troll/flame war fix.
    C) The sheer volume of the Politics posts drowns out everything that I would like to actually use this forum for.

I fully support your guys' 'right' to say horrific things to each other ad nauseum. I'd just prefer to have the option to close the door and not listen to it when I'm trying to read the GS forums.
    I really love and appreciate how you have articulated this sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Everyone is so easily offended, I mean lets face it, when people are flooding GM's with e-mails because someones RP is warning of impending doom, yet they are perfectly OK when the offended are using town centers as their open air bedroom, there might just be some blow back.
    He said blow back.

Just to illustrate what I mean. My current "New Posts" feed has one thread about GS (the one about new classes) and six threads about selling shit.
    What do you guys read on the PC if you ignore the off topic threads?
    I still read some of the off topic stuff, just not the politics thread. I fully support people e-mailing Kranar directly and maybe following up with Whirlin every once in awhile to make some improvements around these fourms. But for the past year, I've had the same 50 people ignored and I've hardly had an issue. It filters out 99% of the politics stuff. I've never missed out on a sale or a bid that was important. I ignore most of the people who post in the "Gif an interaction" thread, and that's one of the best threads on this forum, but it's simply because most of those people also post heavily in the Politics folder. But then I remember that thread exists and I get to view about 50 different posts there from the past month and it's a hilarious 10 minutes of reading that ensue.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to ignore some of the people that are heavy politics posters. I value a lot of their game insight, and skill with mechanics / scripting. Many of them have been helpful within the context of GS4 over the years. And it's fine they want to rant in the Politics topic too - but I would love a way to better filter my view.

I'm sure it's a feature that would get plenty of use for all sorts of reasons.

Why is it so hard for you guys to use the normal forum layout? Is having to click the mouse button a couple extra times really that difficult? Don't make me break out the forum guide. Again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Why is it so hard for you guys to use the normal forum layout? Is having to click the mouse button a couple extra times really that difficult? Don't make me break out the forum guide. Again.
    Okay, Ososis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow