Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to Build a New White House?

Yes, pointing out Trump's frequent trips to golf resorts is totally a distraction. It's also a distraction how THE WHITE HOUSE called this a "working vacation." How disingenuous of people to call this a vacation after The White House says it is!

I have a question for you, Tgo. If this isn't a vacation, why is Trump spending it at one of his golf resorts instead of moving over to work in the building next door? You know, the building where his Chief of Staff, advisers, lawyers, etc. are working?
    Last edited by Tenlaar; 08-07-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Yes, pointing out Trump's frequent trips to golf resorts is totally a distraction. It's also a distraction how THE WHITE HOUSE called this a "working vacation." How disingenuous of people to call this a vacation after The White House says it is!
    Yes. I lambasted the media for portraying this as if Trump just threw up his hands one day and said "BABY NEEDS A VACAY!" when the reality is the White House is undergoing renovations. You didn't have a coherent response to this so you distracted to Trump's golfing trips.

As far as THE WHITE HOUSE calling this a "working vacation" that's because they have to because the ones who keep score on this type of shit consider ANY time spent away from the White House/DC as a "vacation" (not counting official visits and the like.) That's why Bush is credited with so many "vacation" days, because he spent so much time at the luxurious place known as Crawford, Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yes. I lambasted the media for portraying this as if Trump just threw up his hands one day and said "BABY NEEDS A VACAY!" when the reality is the White House is undergoing renovations. You didn't have a coherent response to this so you distracted to Trump's golfing trips.
    My coherent response is, if this is not a vacation, why is he spending it at a golf resort instead of the building next to The White House where everybody else is working?

Besides the small group of aides traveling to New Jersey with the President, West Wing staffers won't take a vacation themselves while the renovations are completed: they're just moving next door to the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.

5. Default

This just in - 204 year old building needs repairs.

STOP THE PRESSES

Edit:

Doing that math reminded me that maybe we should just let Canada burn it down again so we can build a new one, with marble and gold filigree, like the Trump Taj Mahal.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 08-07-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    My coherent response is, if this is not a vacation, why is he spending it at a golf resort instead of the building next to The White House where everybody else is working?
    So the media narrative has moved from "TRUMP IS A GIANT HYPOCRITE! PLANNING 3 WEEK VACATION SO EARLY!" to "Well, okay, Trump was forced out of the White House due to needed renovation, BUT WHY DIDN'T HE JUST MOVE TO THE EISENHOWER BUILDING TO DO HIS WORK?!"

And Tenlaar dances to the new song without missing a beat.

So the media narrative has moved from "TRUMP IS A GIANT HYPOCRITE! PLANNING 3 WEEK VACATION SO EARLY!" to "Well, okay, Trump was forced out of the White House due to needed renovation, BUT WHY DIDN'T HE JUST MOVE TO THE EISENHOWER BUILDING TO DO HIS WORK?!"

And Tenlaar dances to the new song without missing a beat.
    You're not having a conversation with "the media" and their narrative. You are having a conversation with one person, who is asking you one question: in your mind, if this is not the President taking a vacation, why did he go to a golf resort in New Jersey while everybody else (his Chief of Staff, his lawyers, his advisers, the entire rest of the west wing staff) just went one building over to continue working?

I understand you not wanting to answer this question, but please, try to keep your childish hyperbole and lashing out to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    See? As long as Trump is in the US he's not on vacation because the entire US is his home.

4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!

See? As long as Trump is in the US he's not on vacation because the entire US is his home.

4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!
    I like how you shamelessly ignored Tenlaar's question. Isn't that what you and the other hyenas are constantly accusing Time of doing?