Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to Build a New White House?

Lightbulb Time to Build a New White House?

The White House, though well cared for, is more than 200 years old. Its proximity to public areas poses a security risk. And there is no longer a great need for physical proximity to the Capitol.

President Donald Trump has told members of his New Jersey golf club that he spends so much time away from Washington because the White House is a "real dump."

More...
    It's not right to expect the President to live in a dump. While we have a builder in the Oval Office, the government should buy a large parcel of land and build a new White House. It could be Trump's legacy. Just imaging how majestic it would be. The old White House would make a fine museum.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

President Trump is vigorously disputing the claim that he called the White House a "dump."

But the reporter is refusing to retract the story..

But Shipnuck defended his 7,424-word story in a podcast published Wednesday, and said he also backed his work in response to a demand for a retraction from White House aide Hope Hicks. Multiple people were present for the comment that the president made "in a moment of candor," Shipnuck said.

“I explained to her: It’s not a lie. The president said this in front of eight or nine members and staffers at Bedminster,” he said.

The reporter said someone who was part of the conversation relayed it to him, and Shipnuck said he found that person "to be an extremely credible source on any number of topics."

“The week of the U.S. Women’s Open, I heard the same story told by two or three different other sources. This is certainly a moment that has already passed into legend at Trump Bedminster. It might be inconvenient for her boss and she might wish he didn’t say it, but it’s not a lie,” he said.

More...

Where do people get those "officialized" tweets?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    Where do people get those "officialized" tweets?
    From https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot

Since this forum does not allow embedding from Twitter, the image links from that feed are easier to repost than making your own images from Trump's account.

The reporter said someone who was part of the conversation relayed it to him, and Shipnuck said he found that person "to be an extremely credible source on any number of topics."
    "I HEARD IT FROM AN ANONYMOUS SOURCE THAT TOLD ME TRUMP SAID IT HE'S SUPER CREDIBLE FOR REALZ GUYS!"
    Last edited by Methais; 08-03-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Trump left town so they could fix that dump where the President is forced to live.

President Trump and his staff are set to temporarily move out of the West Wing as renovations on the building get underway.

Trump leaves Friday for what the White House has called an extended "working vacation" at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., while his staff in Washington will clear out of the West Wing and move into the Eisenhower Executive Office Building next door.

Work has already begun to replace the West Wing's 27-year-old heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system, a White House official told reporters Thursday. Because of the frequency of use, the HVAC system's usage age is pegged at around 84 years old.

White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters told reporters that the South Portico steps on the South Lawn will also be repaired. Those steps haven't been restored since President Dwight Eisenhower was in the White House.

Among the other facets of the White House that will be refurbished are the Navy mess kitchen, a restaurant in the West Wing run by the U.S. Navy, the building's lower lobby, the information technology (IT) system and other "generic cosmetic upgrades."

Trump is expected to stay at his New Jersey golf club for 17 days.

More...

I think it's pretty interesting how the lamestream media portrayed this as a long vacation for Trump and what a hypocrite he is for taking a vacation. Yet the truth is the White House is undergoing some much needed renovations. But why let silly things like facts get in the way of a good outrage?

Are they gonna make it whiter? I hope so just for triggers.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I think it's pretty interesting how the lamestream media portrayed this as a long vacation for Trump and what a hypocrite he is for taking a vacation. Yet the truth is the White House is undergoing some much needed renovations. But why let silly things like facts get in the way of a good outrage?
    Really though...

"I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done," Trump said in July 2015. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off."
    "I'm going to be working for you," Trump said in August 2016. "I'm not going to have time to go play golf."
    So far, Trump has spent 13 of 28 weekends in office away from the White House, mostly at his properties in Palm Beach, Florida, or in Bedminster, New Jersey, according to an Associated Press count...

Trump also frequently plays golf at his properties, though the White House typically will not acknowledge that he plays.
    ...do you seriously think he's spending 17 days at one of his golf resorts and is just going to be working the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Really though...

...do you seriously think he's spending 17 days at one of his golf resorts and is just going to be working the whole time?
    No I don't think he's going to be "working the whole time" in much the same way almost every single person on the planet gets down time. Even the 8 year olds in China who make my cell phone get an hour or two of leisure time a week. Are you suggesting our president shouldn't have as much if not more downtime? This is 'Murica, dammit!

I also see the distraction game you played there. And I don't like it.