Thread: Weapon weight woes

Default Weapon weight woes

Does lightening a weapon have any impact on combat at all?

I seem to recall reading once on the Wiki (which I can't find now) that weapon weight has an effect on ambushing, like lighter weapons were easier to aim with. This might have been base weapon weight though, as in they wanted to make sure daggers were easier to aim with than something heavy like a claid.

Is this true at all? Anything else combat related that weapon weight has an effect on?

Lighter weapons play into TWC RT. Need more STR bonus to offset higher weights of offhand weapon.
    Last edited by Ososis; 07-30-2017 at 05:24 AM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Lighter weapons play into TWC RT. Need more STR bonus to offset higher weights.
    That's interesting. So lightening a weapon could make TWC easier?

Yes, having light falchions or handaxes or other heavier weapons lightend for offhand use can be super handy

Off-hand Weight Minimum Strength Bonus
    3 pounds +5
    4 pounds +20
    5 pounds +35
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

Weapon weight is also directly added to Mstrike Recovery time. Depends on the weapon type for a potential modifier, but for lances 1 pound = 1 second

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Weapon weight is also directly added to Mstrike Recovery time. Depends on the weapon type for a potential modifier, but for lances 1 pound = 1 second
    Awesome, didn't know it affected mstrike recovery too.

I didn't know that either. You reckon that applies to UAC gloves/boots as well, or only hand-held stuff?